FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Firefly Fans - Screening in Tampa, elsewhere

Author Topic: Firefly Fans - Screening in Tampa, elsewhere
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Another advance screening of "Serenity" will be happening Thursday, June 23, at 10 p.m. in Tampa. Tickets can be bought online (so far) here: http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=6346&ShowDate=14

It's under Special Advance Preview, but tickets for this have been verified elsewhere, it's Serenity.

The screening is also in 35 cities this time, and many of them sold out within minutes of going on sale. The full list is at www.cantstopthesignal.com .

See ya there...

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang it! It's sold out in Dallas. *pout*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Why do they never show it in San Jose? we're a bigger city than San Francisco =( There's no way I can get my hubby to drive up there for a movie and I'm not sure I'd want to either. It's a long way with tons of traffic and impossible parking =(
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
This was the first screening that had non-U.S. showings, the first NYC showing, etc. No idea why or how they pick the cities.

I gave Shmuel a heads-up to get Boston tickets as soon as they came online. He did so, fortunately, because they sold out within 10 minutes. Same for Seattle.

You know, people just might want to watch this movie...

NOTE: this is for an unfinished version. It's edited but the score is a temporary one, it needs to be color-timed (whatever that is), and some of the FX needs to be tweaked, although people who have seen the previous screenings said you don't notice. Just sayin'.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Whoops, Tampa's sold out. Took nearly an hour, but then the serenity movie site forums have been down this morning and that was the main clearinghouse for ticket availability information.
imenimok
Member # 7679

- posted      Profile for imenimok           Edit/Delete Post 
The tickets are bought. Chris, you are so the man.
Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Woo hoo!
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Bridges:
NOTE: this is for an unfinished version. It's edited but the score is a temporary one, it needs to be color-timed (whatever that is), and some of the FX needs to be tweaked, although people who have seen the previous screenings said you don't notice. Just sayin'.

Well, you don't, and you do. I think it's perfectly absorbing as-is, and there's no point where it becomes jarringly obvious that you've hit a patch that needs to be filled in. With that said, I think you can tell it's not quite the finished product; the image quality isn't totally what you'd expect of a Major Motion Picture, and the temporary score can be a bit overbearing at times. This is not a criticism, and I'd enthusiastically recommend that people not hesitate on that account-- this is a film to see early and often. At the same time, I'm really looking forward to seeing the final draft in September.
Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm literally bouncing up and down with glee at getting to see the movie this month! Thanks Chris, for pointing it out, and thanks to you, imenimok, for getting me a ticket!

I'm probably as excited about his movie as I was about The Fellowship of the Ring, and I'd been waiting for almost 3 decades for that film to be made.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imenimok
Member # 7679

- posted      Profile for imenimok           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

I'm a handy one, I am.

Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Detroit should get a screening. Or at least SOMEWHERE in Michigan.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

There have been rumors that there will be screenings every month until the official release, and I see no reason why this isn't so. The Powers That Be know this movie will live or die by word of mouth. As Joss put it, it doesn't have Tom Cruise of "Trapped in the body of a three-year-old boy!" in it, and no easily describable plot. It'll be a hard sell.

Which is why it will be singularly satisfying if it does really well.

Besides, this is all practice for "Ender's Game." [Smile]

Bekenn
Member # 6602

- posted      Profile for Bekenn   Email Bekenn         Edit/Delete Post 
Nooo!!! Riverside's sold out!

Where should I watch for further showings?

Posts: 293 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Official Serenity movie site - will always have the latest news, as a news item or in the Movie Production forum (you just register to read the forums, it's free and nonintrusive)

www.cantstopthesignal.com is where the theater locations and dates are listed, with links to the appropriate online sellers. This is usually update long after people on the official site know about it, though.

Bekenn
Member # 6602

- posted      Profile for Bekenn   Email Bekenn         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks.
Posts: 293 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
I put off reading this thread because I didn't want to be jealous of all the Americans who get to see it early. And now I find out it was in Toronto!!! Dangit! Sold out, of course. Well, it'll be worth the wait, I'm sure.
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.