FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Your Favorite Pants

Author Topic: Your Favorite Pants
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, so I'm on a fashion kick today. In this thread I want everyone who's interested to post an homage to their favorite pants. Tell us what it's like and why you like it. You may post as many times as you like, but please post separately for each pair of pants. (If you don't feel strongly enough for a pair of pants to give it its own post, it doesn't belong in this thread.) I'll start:

My favorite is a pair of ultra-low waist flares from Old Navy. I love them so much, I went back and bought another pair. I think that was also the first time I ever paid full price for jeans. I've always had trouble finding jeans that fit in both the butt and the waist, and these just fit me like a glove!

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
pants?
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Linkless Dobie -- gutsy move, and carried off well. However, no points, since the original thread is over two months old. There's a time limit. Just because it got bumped doesn't mean it's ok.

My favorite pants (since I don't have Annie's pants) are a pair of black dress slacks that feel wonderful going on. I outgrew them (out-stomached the waist measurement, that is), and haven't quite gotten back to being able to wear them (about one inch to go). I never wore them that often, because they're dry-clean only. Maybe as a treat to myself when I lose that last inch.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Eruve
Member # 6883

- posted      Profile for Lady Eruve   Email Lady Eruve         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Linkless Dobie -- gutsy move, and carried off well. However, no points, since the original thread is over two months old. There's a time limit. Just because it got bumped doesn't mean it's ok.
I didn't know the thread was old, I never saw it before. I would have added a link, but I couldn't find one to the pants I like. Besides, there's no official ruled anyway. [Taunt]
Posts: 55 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite pants are my Haggar Worry-Free slacks. They are magnificent. I've never had a better pair of pants.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Eruve
Member # 6883

- posted      Profile for Lady Eruve   Email Lady Eruve         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and I did see the movie, too. I thought it was good. It was kind of a girly drama movie, though. Not that that's a bad thing, I just normally don't go to the theatre for that type of movie.

And the greek guy (Kostos I think) was incredibly hot. [Wink] *melts*

Posts: 55 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
<Thinks about logging out and then logging back in as Papa Janitor to issue official rules, then decides both that it would be an abuse of power and that he is way too lazy for that.>
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a pair of pants that are my favorites, but I can't find a link to anything remotely like them. And I can't really describe them either. But they're blue. [Razz]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite pants that I own are are these. 30x30. They fit perfectly, I can wear them with or without a belt, they're loose enough that I can do a split in them, but not so baggy that they get in the way or get caught on things. These pants are why I wear jeans again.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
I am way to embarrassed to show a picture of my favorite pants, though, I will describe them:

-pajama style
-sunshine yellow
-a little bit too big
-cotton
-happy little moons and stars for the print

I got them for a birthday maybe 6 years ago.

Phil hates them and holds them like they are radioactive whenever we put away laundry.

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite pants are a pair of jeans to which I added rainbow triangles to the bottom sides of the legs (ie. hippie bellbottoms) and a few flowers around the pockets. Unfortunately, the jeans were old and one day decided to rip from waist to knee as I did a cartwheel in front of 50 or so university frosh I was frosh-leading around.

I have these moments a lot.

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite jeans were ones that I sewed the heart patches on over the holes in them. I used to wear out jeans a lot faster when I wored them every day, all day.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imenimok
Member # 7679

- posted      Profile for imenimok           Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite pants are too big, but I will wear them until they require a belt. Caramel-colored, velourish, boot cut from Old Navy.
Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Eruve
Member # 6883

quote:
... they're loose enough that I can do a split in them ...
You can do a split?! [Hail]
Faire
Member # 8065

- posted      Profile for Faire   Email Faire         Edit/Delete Post 
My current favourite pairs of pants are fairly new. They are GAP ultra-low rise in all of the various rinses because once I got one pair and realized how perfectly they fit, I bought the whole set.

They are the most comfortable jeans I own and I love all 5 pairs of them.

My old favourite jeans I ripped. They were amazing Roxy jeans. Perfectly faded and perfectly fit. I loved those jeans so much. And then, when I was in Costa Rica I got plastered and 'jumped' (read: fell) off this ledge-y thing, and ripped giant and ugly holes in both knees. My mom stole them and threw them out. [Frown]

Wow, long post for jeans...

Posts: 17 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite pair of pants: An homage

A pair of jeans that fits
that aren't up to my pits
They're not too low
Which goes to show
just why I don't have fits.

A pair of jeans that's blue
in fact, my favorite hue
They go with black
a gunny sack
and every kind of shoe.

A pair of jeans that's long
enough to fit King Kong
You cannot find
a similar kind
and so I write this song.

I love these jeans with all my heart
And now they are no more
I'll miss them quite
and say goodnight
and burn that stupid store!

I love my jeans. They've changed them, so the new ones aren't long enough anymore...and they now sit TOO LOW to be comfortable. *sniffle*

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Now that was a touching eulogy, sister.

*lights a candle*

I hate to be so commercial, but I did discover that Gap Long & Leans fit me just dang right, so now I have to buy my pants from the GAp. [Mad] 'Sok. I'm converting to skirts anyway.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Aw Annie, it's OK to support a few; evil empires without feeling guilty. [Wink] I mean, pants are worth it!

But yeah. No pants for you after a bit. (So your papers are in??)

PS thanks for noticing my eulogy. [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
My Annie Pants are my favorite. [Smile] Following that, a historic favorite was a fabulous pair of purple velvet flare-legged jeans. I wonder whatever happened to those...

Now I have found that Calvin Klein jeans fit me perfectly. I don't usually buy anything close to designer clothing, let alone designer jeans, but I tried on a pair in a discount store and now I'm hooked. Ah well.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.