FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Halo, the...movie?

Author Topic: Halo, the...movie?
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Yahoo News

I thought the pitch was colorful. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool...
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
They already have a series!!! Its called "Red vs Blue" and NOTHING can beat it, it is the funniest series ever created. Its done with 4 X Boxes and a MAcintosh. www.redvsblue.com, and www.redvsblue.net to get the first 1-3 series(es).
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
I love RvB also Sid, too bad they aren't longer. But I love 'em!

Also, are you the real Sid Meier?
(Just Kidding)

Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, usually I'm not a fan of game --> movie endeavors. If it's bad, it could ruin the Halo franchise forever.

And yet... if Halo is done right, this could do one of two things: 1) open the door to a bunch of good movies based on video games or 2) give us a string of bad movies based on video games.

Probably a mix of both.

<--- Would love to see a Homeworld movie.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Universal, Fox close to Halo movie deal

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still more for the Final Fantasy: Advent Children movie. To me, it's already proved that good movies can come from video games... even... though I haven't seen it yet... (94 more days... ooo... oh, and there's a new trailer on the English Website. http://na.square-enix.com/dvd/ff7ac/ Warning though to those who click the link to the website, big loud boom right when it loads.)

Anyways, a Halo movie could be good if they do it right. It does have enough depth for a movie to actually be made. But let us not forget about the Doom movie either, I'm wondering if the two might cancel each other out.

I'll just have to watch for developments on this.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

redvs blue and ya who doesn't love Caboose? "Why are there 6 pedals if there are only 4 directions!?"
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

okay I just saw the trailers its 1337.
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I love to play this game with the various men in my live. Okay, that didn't sound quite right. My point is, I almost never play it by myself.

Man, I was leading a game of Rockets on Damnation last night, the whole game and then my kid quit but didn't officially quit and the man wound up winning because he would shoot the non-player. [Mad] I joined in, but that turned it into a game of luck.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse62485
Member # 8182

- posted      Profile for Jesse62485   Email Jesse62485         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the Halo film may fail even though Microsoft and Bungie will be in control of it. The main reason it may fail is because there is no time in the Halo chronology for a story. The whole story is laid out in the novels The Fall of Reech, The Flood, and First Strike. Unless they plan to adapt the novels,the story will probably change drastically.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
There are still hundreds of blank years in the setting between the Halo games and the Marathon games, though, so there's a lot to work with in there.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.