FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Operation Tennessee Waltz

Author Topic: Operation Tennessee Waltz
K.K. Slyder
Member # 7416

- posted      Profile for K.K. Slyder   Email K.K. Slyder         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how many of you people have heard of this- I don't think it's made much news outside of the Volunteer State- but I think it's worth mentioning.

You see- lately in TN we've had a lot of "ethical discussions" in the state senate. Turns out that a lot of our lawmakers (one in particular- was the uncle of the US House Representative hoping to replace Bill Frist's seat in the Senate) by having ties to close to lobbying parties, family members are lobbyists that sort of thing.

And amazingly- while all of this is going on- we suddenly hear on the news one day that a two-year FBI sting operation had led to the arrest of 4 law makers. (I think it's 7-9 lawmakers now) For extortion and accepting bribes. The FBI created a fake company and then bribed these lawmakers to pass a bill- which they then were doing- until the FBI came down on them.

The one state senator who's been the worst John Ford- he said if there were any witnesses to this sort of thing- he'd kill them. (Ain't that for southern hospitality... [Wink] ) Of course- after Johnnie was arrested- he noted that it was just happening the time when the governor's agenda was being pushed (to cut Tenncare more- a medicare in TN which is bankrupting the state) which is ironic since their both from the SAME party.

Here's a few links to read more.
First Link

Another one

What do you guys think about that? Just curious.

Posts: 30 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this was going to be about trying to steal away your best friend's sweetheart away.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.