FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » We could really use some prayers

Author Topic: We could really use some prayers
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
My family's had a bit of stress to deal with lately. Our house is sold, but if we don't resolve some legal issues, the bank is going to foreclose before we can close on it, leaving us with nothing. My Mom is single and has five of her kids living at home and has been doing all she can for a very long time. My Dad hasn't sent the full amount of child support he owes in months, and keeps promising to help but not following through. And then today the company we were going to rent a small apartment from so we can move in a couple weeks backed out on us unexpectedly.

My Mom is so stressed out that she's making herself sick. She has an acute stomach pain and swelling and feels like she has to vomit but only air comes out. We're trying everything and I'm keeping a close eye on her to make sure she doesn't develop a fever. The medical sources I've read say that if she has an obstructed intestine she'd be constipated and have a fever and so far she hasn't developed either of those. I know this can be a serious thing, but she doesn't have any medical insurance and a huge emergency room bill will ruin us. I told her that I'd take her in to town, though, if anything gets worse.

We just need a couple miracles, so if any of you can include our family and my Mom specifically in your prayers (her name is Katy Majors) I would really appreciate it.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Ouchness. I don't do prayers, but have some good wishes.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
((Annie)) you will be remembered in my prayers.
Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Jeez Annie, hang in there. I'll definitely be praying for you guys. (((Majors family)))
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, I wish there were more we can do to help. But we will pray for you.

Keep us posted.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Prayers and good wishes headed your way.

Your mom is really lucky to have you, Annie.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Annie and Family))))) Good luck. [Frown] My thoughts are with you.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, Annie.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
Kwea and I will keep your family and especially your mom in our prayers.
Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
((Annie))
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
We'll keep you in our prayers.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, it really sucks. I hope it'll work out soon. I'll pray for you, too.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, have you talked to the bank and told them about the impending sale? I'm sure they'd rather not foreclose if they can avoid it.

<prayers for Annie and family>

<<<<<<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah Annie, what a comfort you must be to your mom. ((((Annie and family))))

[Frown]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Prayers said. More forthcoming.
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs*

Good thoughts and good luck coming your way.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bunbun
Member # 6814

- posted      Profile for bunbun   Email bunbun         Edit/Delete Post 
You're in our thoughts, Annie. Hang in there.

Eve & Rob

Posts: 516 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Many prayers going out on behalf on your family, Annie.

I still have your mom's e-mail address somewhere. I'm goint to drop her a note.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
His Savageness
Member # 7428

- posted      Profile for His Savageness   Email His Savageness         Edit/Delete Post 
It seems like the really bad stuff happens before or during a mission for whatever reason. While I was on my mission my parents had to sell their house and come back from their mission because of financial troubles. Everything will work out. You and your family are in my prayers.
Posts: 194 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs Annie* Will do. Wow - I'm sorry. That's a lot to deal with. Best wishes to your mother and the family.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
((((Annie & family))))
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand why a bank would foreclose when the house is actually being sold. After all, when it's sold, they should automatically get their money. If they foreclose, they could very well not get the full amount. Seems like a no-brainer.

That said, I do hope things get better for you and your family.

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Annie. I've got prayers for you and your family. I really hope this all works out well, and quickly.
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

My Mom does seem to be feeling a little better this morning, so thanks for all the help and support so far.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
::Miracle vibes for Annie and family::

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*prays for Annie's family, and especially Annie's mom*

Satan sure does work hard when you're doing these major life choice things, doesn't he? (((hugs)))

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Anniefam))))

I hope everything works out, and your mom can stay calm enough not to get sick. If she does homeopathy, some Calms Forte or Ignatia Amara might help her.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, financial problems and health problems at the same time, that's rough. [Frown]

I'm glad she's feeling better today.
I will pray for her and your family, Anneke.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Prayers to you and yours.
Be strong, better days are ahead.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Prayers headed your way, Annie.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Mom's doing a lot better. It's amazing how non-threatening the having no house situation seems now that I'm not all worried that my Mom's going to die. Refreshing, really. Maybe that was the point. [Smile]

Thanks for the one miracle so far - that's pretty good, guys!

mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, after my nephew getting leukemia, when my daughter had mono it was like "whatever." (Nephew is trucking along with a lot of chemo and stuff- Daughter was only a ragdoll for about 6 days).

So what is up with the bank? Would you like someone to call them on your behalf?

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Majors))))))

&

Prayers, definitly.

Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Annie and family))))
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

quote:
So what is up with the bank? Would you like someone to call them on your behalf?
It's a long and sordid tale. We are getting good advice and trying to do all we can, it's just a matter of waiting to see if things go through.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
As JenniK said, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

As an update: Mom is doing much better - we think it was food related because it went away very quickly.

Also, we found an apartment to move into! Now it's just a matter of getting ten years' worth of clutter moved. But things are looking up. [Smile]

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!! I'm so glad. [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray! Good luck with the moving. Right now Ruth and I are worrying about getting our two years' worth of clutter moved this weekend. Ten years' worth sounds daunting.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent news... good luck!
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I've done ten years' worth, and it is daunting. Start as soon as possible. I recommend the Fling Boogie method.

One really good thing: you will be amazed at how much you can get rid of and/or give away -- and by what a relief it will be!

I need to get started on my junk . . .

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
14.5 years of marriage = [Big Grin]
14.5 years of clutter = [Cry]

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Oh, I'm all about flinging boogie. I just gotta get everyone else out of the house so they can't object while I do it.
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
That's good news! I hope the move goes well.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad things are working out. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
(((much love)))

may you and your family find smooth sailing and a sweet sunrise.

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
One really good thing: you will be amazed at how much you can get rid of and/or give away -- and by what a relief it will be!

We're throwing a lot of stuff away and then doing a yard sale. It really does feel good to declutter.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.