FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My List of Evil Corporation Planets (Order of Colonization)

Author Topic: My List of Evil Corporation Planets (Order of Colonization)
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm listing the businesses that I think will get a planet in the order I think they'll get it. In parenthesis I explain why the business is evil.

1. Wal-Mart (They built a Wal-Mart near an Amish village, with places for the people to tie their carts. They are violating the Amish villages!)
2. McDonalds (Making the world fat)
3. Starbucks (Addicting us to gourmet coffee with their one every five feet distribution)
4. Krispy Kreme (Does the world need another way to use sugar?)
5. Various Tobacco Industries ( I don't think I need to explain.)

So, there you have it. I'd be happy to continue the list with suggestions. I think most major businesses will rule a world. These are just the first five, in my opinion.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
So if you make a product that people like, and you are successful, your business is evil?
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
YEAP, EVIL I TELL YA! [Wink]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

6. Microsoft

MC- No, you are evil if you make a product that people like too much. You can be succesful.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
1. I think I read that the Amish were pretty happy about it.

2. Nobody's forcing anyone to eat there. Besides, their salads aren't half bad.

3. I don't drink coffee, so I don't care. However, if people didn't want them on every corner, they wouldn't be there.

4. You will burn in heck for all eternity for insulting Krispy Kreme.

5. I'll let you have this one.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Disney
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

7. Disney

zg- All of them will get a planet whether or not they are evil. So must we argue over technicalities?

Megachirops
Member # 4325

I'll move to planet Disney.
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
You would. You're evil enough that you'd fit in perfectly.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Michael Eisner is the Balrog of Planet Disney.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
nooooo! Krispy Kreme rules!

*tosses a tomato or two*

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Wal-Mart: The Amish regularly shop at "modern" stores. As zgator said, they seemed to be pretty happy about it. However, Wal-Mart probably will have its own planet. Given that it is mostly chinese made goods, it will be the planet Path [Wink] .

2. McDonalds: They will end up with Venus because the atmosphere's high sulfer content makes a natural white-yellow glow, just as the colors of McDonalds signs are now. And the heat will make the fastest food ever.

3. Starbucks: They get Mars. The cold is a good place to sell hot coffee, and Mars is bound to be a big tourist place in the future.

4. Krispy Kreme: We haven't found every possible use for sugar, and I support this company's efforts to discover more so that I can eat their great donuts. They get Earth because they will need the home base.

5. Tobacco: I doubt it. This industry will die before the century is out, at least I am this optimistic.

As for Disney, it will build its own planet using asteroids and captured solar wind, so we have no reason to worry. In fact, it will be helping if it takes Earth-crossing asteroids.

Microsoft can build a planet with the really cool networking abilities and software sophistication as Earth in "The Matrix". Oh, wait, not so cool after all.

News Corp. will build its own planet, with a massive news ticker in the geosyncronous area around the equator that will be connected to the planet by four space elevators. It will have three satellites, each the the size of Earth's moon, but orbiting closer so we can see them clearer, that will function as giant screen TVs. One will broadcast 24 hour news, another will have continuous entertainment, including many innovative shows that are cancelled to soon. The third will air movies all the time. Only one moon at a time can be seen, so inhabitants will always be slightly deprived, and will continue to watch, which will drive up ratings.

Do not underestimate the power of Rupert Murdoch. [Smile]

Disclaimer: I am not Rupert Murdoch, but I would be among the first to be excited about an orbiting television. That's sad.

Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Disney - Well, they already got Pluto....

Lockheed Martin - All your military bases belong to us.

Cisco-Avaya - ET phoned home for free. But if you want a data line back to earth, it's gonna cost you.

Amgen-Genetech - Because designer genes are not just a fad, but a necessity in space colonial living.

Jatraqueros - The number six space alliance in Ogames. [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I'm confident that all of those places will get their own planet, thus polluting the whole universe, killing us all.
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I think I'd move to Planet Disney, too. Of course, I'm speaking as someone whose childhood dream of a honeymoon at a Disney World Resort was realized, so take it with a grain of salt. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Megan--Lucky!
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

I know! [Smile] It was sooo much fun. My mom said she knew I'd found the right guy when we were talking about the honeymoon, and he said, "I have about $5000 saved up for it. How bout Disney World for a week?"
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Your already living on planet disney. They have a market share of everything if you follow the money far enough. Did you know ABC or was it AMC one of the two and ESPN are both actually owned by disney along with a great many other tv channels?
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
I live on the tobacco planet - it's called Virginia.

quote:
This industry will die before the century is out, at least I am this optimistic.
Seriously? Um, I hate to crush your optimism, but it'll be stronger than ever. In fact, the many tobacco companies headquartered in Richmond are thriving - Richmond is experiencing a huge boom.

I want to live on the Martha Stewart planet - she'll definitely have one.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Mrs.M--and it will look disturbingly like something out of the Stepford Wives... [Angst]
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Creepy...*Shiver* [Angst]
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
a honeymoon at a Disney World Resort
:shudder:
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Hey, we had fun... [Razz]
Megachirops
Member # 4325

I got married inside the Magic Kingdom. [Cool]
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Me and Mrs. Raven also Honeymooned at Disney World.

And we did it for almost nothing.

Because we won our trip from a McDonalds Monopoly contest.

And we had fun too.

Then again, we met while working at Six Flags amusement park, and her father built (designed really) one of the more famous coasters at Bush Gardens.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

I love people who love amusement parks. [Smile]
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.M: Seriously? Um, I hate to crush your optimism, but it'll be stronger than ever. In fact, the many tobacco companies headquartered in Richmond are thriving - Richmond is experiencing a huge boom.
Damn. 100 years is a long time though. Anything can happen. That's why I gave it a century.

Other companies and industries mentioned here can live or die, and I wouldn't care much, but tobacco is the one that should die a horrible, slow, hacking, oxygen-deprived death.

Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Michael Eisner is the Balrog of Planet Disney.
Oh,the mental image! If I knew how to use Photoshop......

Mmmm. Planet Starbucks. Now that's tempting. But I'd rather live on Planet Ben&Jerry's.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

8. Ben & Jerry's (Its the underdog planet!)
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I can see myslef tripping along an ice cream landscape, stopping only to take bites out of fudge fish and dinosaurs. Gah, I sound like Homer Simpson.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.