FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Israel?

Author Topic: Israel?
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
So it's officially official.

I'm going to be studying for the next academic year in Jerusalem, starting on this July 31st.

Not sure how much internet access I'll have, but I'll be sure to stop by every now and then and say what's up.

Stay chill everyone,

-N

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*proud and jealous, all at the same time*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent CM, enjoy yourself and... you know... learn something. [Wink] [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun... I know I did. [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
This means you should come to EuropeCon.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia is running away, at least meet me here and then!
Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

I'm not running away!

I'm being chased away. [Frown]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
And be safe.

There are a LOT of people doing crazy things over there, and a much larger group of people who just want to enjoy life in peace. May you always avoid the first type and find a lot of friends of the other kind.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Good Luck!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Enjoy. Wish I were there.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This means you should come to EuropeCon.
Oh, gosh! Yeah!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
Technically Raia you are being invited to stay and work! Not to say you should not go, but nobody wants you to leave. We all love you!

BC

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
May you always avoid the first type and find a lot of friends of the other kind.
Of course, I will guide you; don't trust those from Ramat-Gan, they live in their little world *wink*. I'm a true Jerusalemite, and I will show you the way of the land *wink*.

And Raia is running away.

Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Hem hem, was there any reference to me over here, Howard? 'Cause I've got bodyguards in the little bubble I'm living in. And they're big and scary.

BC - didn't get yout post. Aren't you in Iraq now?

Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

Well, can you think of any others? And don't think you're the only one with a "גָּב" over there!
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I am, so I guess Raia is not 'here' exactly, but wherever she is she is wanted I am sure.

BC

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

[Smile]

You guys are sweet.

Jonny, I am NOT running away! I want to stay longer. [Frown]

The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
What will you be studying and who will you be studying with?

I strongly recommend spending a bunch of time at archeological sites, hiking in the desert south and east of Jerusalem and snorkling/diving in the red sea.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

quote:
spending a bunch of time at archeological sites
I've studied archaeology since first grade. Though I stopped my official studies at a certain point.

quote:
hiking in the desert south and east of Jerusalem
It's going to be hot, though!

quote:
snorkling/diving in the red sea.
Never been there, it's just too hot.
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
הלו הלו, תחשוב שאתה אפיקומן ותיעלם לי מהפנים יא חאטווי, אני אביא את כל הגב מסלמה ג'

Just teasing, don't bring anyone from גילֹה.

Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Calvin! I hope you have a wonderful experience.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

למה, מי את חושבת שאת? יש לי את הגב שלי - ותאמיני לי שלא ישתלם לך להתעסק איתו.
אני אולי צעיר ממך אבל זה לא אומר שאני לא יכול להסתדר בחיים. פוסטמה.

Sorry, I didn't mean to swear but I was just going down to your level.

Oops, teasing you again.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.