FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Preview for ELIZABETHTOWN! (New Cameron Crowe film - Hey Ladies! Orlando Bloom!)

Author Topic: Preview for ELIZABETHTOWN! (New Cameron Crowe film - Hey Ladies! Orlando Bloom!)
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.elizabethtown.com/video/firstlook/InternetTrailer.mov

Watch it, and then start the countdown.

Crowe's Almost Famous is one of my favorite films of all time. This film looks to take that and add in a twist of Garden State (another of my favorite films) to make something that looks simply magical.

Kirstin Dunst sparkles, and Orlando, well, acts!

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lara
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for Lara   Email Lara         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't get my computer to show it. Oh- I need to turn off my Orlando Bloom filter.
Posts: 377 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm. He looks yummy in that one.

Actually the film looks great. The trailer does have a Garden State feel to it, doesn't it? [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I think Crowe may be one of the more underappreciated directors alive today.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
At least he's not failing to be a blacksmith again...
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Pshht, Orlando Bloom. Not worth my time. [Razz]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't get the link to open. It's not about Elizabethtown, NY is it? because that would be really wild.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, not that Elizabethtown. Small, rural town, though.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I might be able to handle Orlando in a role that doesn't require him to be all heroic.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, someone fell asleep in the editing room.
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. It could have been half the length. Or a third.

I think that what Orlando Bloom has managed to do here is lose the unconcious 'pose' acting that I think he got stuck in after LOTR. It's hard for me to describe but it's in the way the person holds him or herself when they act- if they seem to be conciously aware of themself they tend to stand up straight (too straight), they turn their heads to look 'good', their shoulders don't curve enough, and it comes off as bad acting. I think his problem was compounded by the lineup of movies that followed- as kwsni said, too much heroicness. Here, he looks more natural because he is deliberately trying to be 'ordinary' so he has shaken off the poses which makes the quality of his acting go up a lot.

That said, this film looks a lot like Garden State, I agree. It nearly has the same colours, too. I think I'll see it [Smile] .

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.