FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » About this weekend...

Author Topic: About this weekend...
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
The birthday weekend I've been planning for months is wrecked. [Frown]

Some of the things that were planned changed, and my husband has nixed the whole thing.

Sis and I picked up Maccabeus in St. Louis yesterday, and drove all the way back here to Tulsa. We got here after 9pm, and then Hubby and I got in an argument over this. I had to send Sis home and Maccabeus to a motel.

This morning, I'm making breakfast, and then we need to decide what to do with the rest of the weekend. Motel rooms were not in the budget, but right now I can't have overnight guests here. My sister is not due back on her truck in Mount Vernon, MO, until Tuesday morning, and Maccabeus has made a long trip. I don't want to just send everyone home. [Frown]

And the Ketchups were due to visit Saturday-Monday.

I don't know what to do. I'm so angry and hurt right now, I don't think I can really make a decision. I'm not sure I'll be much fun, at any rate.

Dang it.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
((hugs to Boon))

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Boon)))
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
ouch... this one hits awfully close to home, Boon, and I empathize with you greatly.

Good luck and God be with you.

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*Hugs*
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Um... I'm going to cal1 you now. (((hugs)))
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Sorry 'bout that, I'm off the phone if you want to call now.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry my phone died! We'll talk to you Sunday. Post if you need to talk before then. (((hugs)))
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Boon)))
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch. (((((Boon)))))
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Why did your hubby cancel everything?
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Telp, that's what I asked. Apparently he does not react well to unscheduled changes in plan. :|

After hearing about it, he kind of reminds me of my dad. Which can be a good or a bad thing. [Angst]

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I say who cares if plans change a little.
No big deal. People still come over and everyone still has fun.

I'm reminded of a time when we had a family reunion in Chicago and Grandpa had planned and timed out every single event... we stopped to take picutes of the family in front of the Chicago skyline before heading to the Shedd Aquarium and Grandpa was freaking out because we were going to be 5 minutes late to the Shedd. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen: Apparently he does not react well to unscheduled changes in plan. :|
Highly Ironic, considering what Boon is being asked to do.
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Boon)))))
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
Highly Ironic, considering what Boon is being asked to do.
Hence the ":|". [Wink]

Seriously, tell me about it. But my dad is the same way. If things don't go the way he was expecting, no one is allowed to have a good time. [Roll Eyes]

Rember
Member # 8273

- posted      Profile for Rember   Email Rember         Edit/Delete Post 
Unbiased stranger here with similar experience. DH used to become unkind just prior to or just after a happy occasion. He habitually spoiled what would have been a wonderful time. Why? I don't know. But I somehow am learning to put it back on him and he is better now. He's a reforming killjoy. I didn't realize others dealt with that kind of thing, too. Maybe that's not even the situation, but it sounded familiar. Good luck, Boon and friends.
Posts: 216 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Boon)))

I hope everyone has a good time, and I do mean everyone. . .

Hopefully one way or another it all works out for the best. [Frown]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*bumped to remind me to call tomorrow*
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Rember, my husband is the same way. I dread birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries, Father's and Mother's day. Ugh. I've outlawed Father's and Mother's day, insist on just going out to dinner for our anniversary and this year, let my son go to my parents [Eek!] for Christmas!

He's such a jerk on holidays. I have no idea why either. [Frown]

And Boon, I'm so sorry. [Frown]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Boon, I'm so sorry!! [Frown] *hug*
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

We've been having a decent time anyway. And the Ketchups will be up tomorrow morning, though they'll have to leave in the evening since Sis, Maccabeus, and I will have to drive to St. Louis that night.

But tomorrow will be fun.

Yay!

[Big Grin]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(...despite getting up at 4 in the morning. We're leaving at 4:30 to be there in time for the zoo before it gets hot. But I guess it will be worth it, since Boon is making us breakfast. [Big Grin] )
Boon
unregistered

Pancakes, sausage, hash browns, toast, "roly poly" pancakes left over from Friday, milk, and apple juice. I'd make eggs but I forgot to get some at the store yesterday...then again, I do have some powdered eggs that I could use. Then it'd be just like a school cafeteria breakfast! Woot!

[ROFL]

Boon
unregistered

(and call me please, KQ)
Rember
Member # 8273

- posted      Profile for Rember   Email Rember         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh-oh, we missed breakfast! It's raisin bran for me today. So glad everything got back on track! Kayla, whenever those less-than-pleasing holidays come around, I'll be sending good wishes your way!
Posts: 216 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

We're home! I had a wonderful time, Boon, thank you. But I'm very sorry for what happened to you, and sorry we weren't up to another game of bowling so you could play, too. I think we were all just exhausted by then.

We're really looking forward to seeing you again. And, you know, any time you want a break from your oldest two, we'll take them on a field trip for you...

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

What, no "glad you got home safely"? *pouts* [Wink]
Boon
unregistered

Sorry, sweetheart. I just got the computer back from Daniel. :grin:

I'm glad you got home safely, too. Our long distance travellers got to where they were going safely. My dad took them.

The bad guys didn't get any rewards for their evil deeds. We stopped them in time.

Hopefully, I'll see you again in a couple of weeks. We have to make sure there will be no financial repercussions first...and I have to save up enough in the "fun money fund" for the gas to get there. :big grin:

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.