FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » King Kong teaser trailer on tv tonight!

Author Topic: King Kong teaser trailer on tv tonight!
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
And check out the promos!

King Kong 10-second promos

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I heard about that. Looks decent. Anxious to see the trailer.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

A look at Kong's face, from this morning's USA Today
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MKellar
Member # 8133

- posted      Profile for MKellar   Email MKellar         Edit/Delete Post 
Well...what station and time?
Posts: 29 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

NBC, Bravo, MSNBC, Telemundo, the USA Network, the Sci Fi Channel and others at 8:59 PM
Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Jackson's a great director, etc...

but damn am I tired of these Hollywood remakes.

Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Then don't watch them. Problem solved. [Smile]
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like remakes either, but THIS i gotta see! King Kong has been Peter Jackson's passion since childhood; his favorite film, and the whole reason he makes films in the first place.

Everybody here saw the LOTR trilogy.

Jackson might be the best filmmaker who has ever lived. (It is his *post* LOTR work that will prove or disprove that particular theory).

Hooray for trailers..

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginol_Enam
Member # 7070

- posted      Profile for Ginol_Enam           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
NBC, Bravo, MSNBC, Telemundo, the USA Network, the Sci Fi Channel and others at 8:59 PM

Is that Eastern time?
Posts: 450 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
holy crap. Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

http://www.kingkongmovie.com/ef239524432ba87f1ca8f70eed4b1fa7/en_large.html
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

So. Darn. Cool.

The Skull Island inhabitants look truly creepy.

Jack Black managed to somehow fit a period piece like a glove, if the teaser is any indication.

Naomi Watts looks radiant and fragile...as she should for the role of Anne Darrow. [Smile]

BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

- posted      Profile for BotaLadyG   Email BotaLadyG         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!!! That was cool!! It has become a must see for me...
Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

It looks good. Some parts a little too Jurassic Park for me, but I really want to see more.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
Some parts a little too Jurassic Park for me,

The 1933 King Kong had dinosaurs and an expedition to an exotic island...it predated Jurrassic Park (the movie) by 60 years.

This is a remake, not a total revamp (like the justly-maligned 1976 version was) so they want to have dinosaurs and an expedition to an exotic island. [Smile]

Exploding Monkey
Member # 7612

- posted      Profile for Exploding Monkey   Email Exploding Monkey         Edit/Delete Post 
It looks really good. I can't wait to see it!
Posts: 339 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr_Megalomaniac
Member # 7695

- posted      Profile for Mr_Megalomaniac   Email Mr_Megalomaniac         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't wait for this movie.
Posts: 142 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I love that they're doing it as a remake, still set in the 30s and all. It looks like everything the American version of Godzilla wasnt: faithful to the original, and good.

--Enigmatic

Edit: Now find us a movie that this trailer is being played before, so we can see Kong on the big screen. Please?

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Hm. I like it, but the CGI is -- like most CGI -- eye-bleedingly bad.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

The Trailer should be on War of The Worlds, from what I have heard. Starts tomorrow guys, go see it. Yay.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
the CGI is -- like most CGI -- eye-bleedingly bad.

The CGI work on the film just started, and was rushed for the trailer...it's not accurate of what the finished film will look like.
TL
Member # 8124

Note: Trailer was not on War of the Worlds when I went to see it today.

Further note: War of the Worlds sucks.

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm probably going to see War of the Worlds while it's in theaters. It seems like one of the movies that if I don't see it on the big screen I will never bother to see it. When I first heard about the project and saw the first few trailers, it didn't really interest me. Some reviews I've read recently said much of it is done in the style of a disaster movie. I will watch big spectacular disaster movies even when I know it's probably a bad movie. *sigh*

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hm. I like it, but the CGI is -- like most CGI -- eye-bleedingly bad.
You sure? [Wink]
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, the CGI bits looks too smooth to be real.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

That's because it's not finished, yet. Consider the CGI seen in the trailer the "mock-up" produced for early display.

They'll add texture and grime as the final months go by.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Where are examples of fantastic CGI?

I'd credit WETA for Lord of the Rings, and ILM for certain aspects of Star Wars. Whoever did the Mummy did a decent job.

But judging from that template, if you compare everything equal to that clip of KK, most all CGI sucks, and without CGI, 60% of movies don't get made. And 100% of non romantic comedies don't get made.

SC Carver
Member # 8173

- posted      Profile for SC Carver   Email SC Carver         Edit/Delete Post 
I smell a flop.. I don't think the American public will be that interested in movie about a giant gorilla, it doesn't matter that its a remake of a classic.

On the upside Jackson has always wanted to make this movie. Said it was the movie that got him into movies, so his passion may help make it a good movie. LOTR's are my favorite all time movies & Books so I am sure anything else he does will be disappointing.

I thought WETA Kicked Star Wars ass with ROTK. I almost never noticed the CGI. They really succeeded in making it feel like something that had actually happened, not a fantasy. Hopefully they will be able to do the same for Kong. In Star Wars you couldn't help but feel like you were looking at a cartoon. Of course in a cartoon the script wouldn’t have seems so ridiculous and it would have had better acting.

Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.