FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I miss you guys!

Author Topic: I miss you guys!
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to talk about the Tom Cruise Today show interview and show you this painting I made of my Dad and discuss the true meaning of integrity and jaw with the hobknobbers but I'm chained to my desk! Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know I miss you.

But maybe we shouldn't talk about the Tom Cruise thing because last time I got talking about the Jehovah's Witnesses I wound up in lessons with them for 18 months and counting. (P.S. I know Tom Cruise is not a Jehovah's Witness, just the discussion of objecting to medical practices seemed reminiscent.)

I was more interested in his discussion about love, and whether finding love as opposed to creating it is good or bad.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
There's a chess game waiting for you at princeclan, mt.

[Wave]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
NNNNNOOOOOooo! I swore I wasn't going to post more, but I edited my post and there you are. I'll check in tonight.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Chained to the desk I can relate to, luckily I get more time for posting at work than at home.

And the Tom Cruise thing... yanno I am less and less wanting to see War of the Worlds hereoflates.

(And I was really looking forward to seeing it once upon a time.)

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I heard a very good review of War of the Worlds this morning. They said it was still just a summer popcorn flick but that it's definitely better than Independence Day. They also said that it's really a Steven Spielberg movie, not a Tom Cruise movie. That makes me hopeful.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno - "Independence Day" was a pretty good movie.

Up to and including one of the best speeches uttered by Bill Pullman.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I'm sorry, Trevor, but we can't be friends anymore.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Independence Day. I choke up during Bill Pullman's speech.

---

I love being a lit major. It means you can love movies like Zoolander and Independence Day with impunity.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Boy:
I'm sorry, Trevor, but we can't be friends anymore.

You're right - I have enough tasteless friends. [Big Grin]

And I will grant you that, while being amazingly improbable if not downright impossible, the scene with the Jolly Roger virus was way too funny. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

>_<

Katie: I love lots of cheesy movies, but Independence Day was unoriginal to boot.

TMedina
Member # 6649

I don't demand a movie surprise me with every possible plot twist.

Good acting, solid plot and an entertaining theme that requires me to suspend disbelief, not hang it from the neck until dead are really the only things I require from a movie.

Original is a plus, but considering the nature of Hollywood, not essential.

-Trevor

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I don't demand every possible plot twist, either, but I get a little jaded when I realize, "Hey! This movie is just War of the Worlds, Star Wars, and Top Gun all thrown together!"
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
How can you not like Will Smith and whats his name(bad with names sorry), the guy who played Ian in Jurassic park, kickinng alien butt?
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

I can't say that I agree with your assessment, with the exception of being a "War of the Worlds" remake.

But you are, as always, entitled to your perspective.

-Trevor

TMedina
Member # 6649

Jeff Goldblum.

Also in "The Fly", "Silverado" and a selection of other movies.

-Trevor

Edit: For word choice.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

quote:
Originally posted by TMedina:
I can't say that I agree with your assessment, with the exception of being a "War of the Worlds" remake.

But you are, as always, entitled to your perspective.

-Trevor

Huh? How is it not a War of the Worlds remake?
TMedina
Member # 6649

That's the part of your assessment I did agree with.

-Trevor

mothertree
Member # 4999

Jeff Goldblume is the hottest of the hot. (Sorry Josh Waitzinger). I first noticed him in Buckaroo Banzai (which I never could otherwise stay awake through). I never saw Earth Girls are Easy, an oversight I may soon have to rectify. He was especially fine in Annie Hall and The Right Stuff.
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Jon Boy, I'm with you on this one. Independence Day was nothing to write home about.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.