FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » V for Vendetta (the movie)

Author Topic: V for Vendetta (the movie)
MKellar
Member # 8133

- posted      Profile for MKellar   Email MKellar         Edit/Delete Post 
Original graphic novel by Alan Moore given a Wachowski touch and the talent of Hugo Weaving and Natalie Portman...Here is a teaser tagline:

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people. V for Vendetta. An Uncompromising vision of the future from the creators of the Matrix trilogy. Coming soon."

After Bound and the Matrix trio, I have incredibly high hopes for this one.

Posts: 29 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Solar Macharius
Member # 7775

- posted      Profile for Lord Solar Macharius           Edit/Delete Post 
I really prefered the tag of:
"Remember, remember the 5th of November."

How do you think a movie that promotes terrorism will be recieved?

Posts: 254 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leon the Professional
Member # 8267

- posted      Profile for Leon the Professional   Email Leon the Professional         Edit/Delete Post 
I know that Natalie Portman's head was shaved, but I don't remember if that's an actual scene in the movie or whatnot. When I first saw her afterwards I was like WTF?! But once I read about the movie, I think it will be pretty interesting.
Posts: 35 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ill malkier
Member # 8244

- posted      Profile for ill malkier   Email ill malkier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Solar Macharius:
"Remember, remember the 5th of November."

Shoot, I always remember the 5th of November-- That's my Birthday.
[Party]

Posts: 84 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
I have an original V is for Vendetta and if she is playing Evey, then she does get her hair shaved. It is when she gets the note from the lady in the concentration camp, sorta.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure I'm comfortable calling what V does terrorism. But not sure I could support an argument to the contrary.

Hm.

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
There is another thread floating around here about V.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.