FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Library Laugh of the day

Author Topic: Library Laugh of the day
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
The A fell off of the Auburn Library in Auburn GA. The N looks a bit charred. As you drive by you can see the big bold sign proclaiming "uburn Library". (Like U-Haul, but for the book burning set)

I've heard of lending libraries and book burnings. It only makes sense that someone would combine the two.

I have photos. I'll post them later on some silly sign site.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

- posted      Profile for Heffaji   Email Heffaji         Edit/Delete Post 
This sign isn't a mistake, but there is a certain funeral home in Buffalo, New York. It goes by the name of "Imagone Funeral Home".
Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
There was a sign on one of the roads in Israel that I saw once that earnestly told the drivers to stay on the left side of the orange strippers.

Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
One of my favorite restuarants in Mountain View was called "The Dynasty Restaurant."

After the D and the Y burned out it was known as "The Nasty Restaurant" from then on.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
My sister lives near Justamere Road.
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a Justamere Lane near me.

My favorite sign said: "Woodstoves"

That was all that was left of the building after it burned down.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
My grandparents home in Athens, GA was one house down from the corner of Park Av. and Easy St.
But now I live at the head of Poorhouse Creek, which runs through Dobbins Air Base in Smyrna, GA. [Frown] I live about 1/4 mile from Dobbins.
Not a shining omen of future glory. [Angst]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabithecat
Member # 5228

- posted      Profile for tabithecat   Email tabithecat         Edit/Delete Post 
On the way to Santa Rosa along 101 I start giggling just because I know it's coming up.

"kids with gas eat free"

Posts: 122 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"kids with gas eat free"
at the picnic tables, around back.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
You know those signs along the freeway that say "gas food lodging"? I always wonder, when I see those, why they are advertising stomachs. But my all-time favorite is the one here locally that says "ATM in rear". Seems like that must hurt.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a road in Bloomington, IN called That road.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
I love funny signs! I collect pictures of them.

The Water Store by my old house once had a sign up that read "Special - Spring Water or Distilled Seniors 15% off".

I also liked the Guinness sign in my favourite Irish pub that had the final 'g' covered with another sign so it read "Guinness - Like Drinking Your Favourite Son".

Then there was the store space for sale in my hometown with the sign "For Sale: 450 Square Foot Hairdresser or Office Space".

There's also a road in my hometown called "A Road". The A on the street sign is in quotation marks. Strangers look at you funny though when they ask directions and you tell them to "go down a road" and they'll get there.

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.