FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Happy 4th of July everyone!

Author Topic: Happy 4th of July everyone!
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my story leading up to the huge bbq/show I'm about to have in 8 hours.

The past few days have been insane, and it's about to get crazier.

I've been getting mentally and physically ready for my band(s) playing at my friends' and my 4th of july bbq at my house. There's gonna be a ton of people here in 8 hours, and I'll be playing three songs on drums with my old band, 5 songs on rythm guitar/lead vox with my new band, 2 songs on lead vox with my new band, and 1 song on drums with my new band.

So the past couple days have been filled to the brim with band practices and such.

And yesterday/the day before were wild.

I had gone over to one of my best friend's houses (his name is Rob). We chilled out and played some pool that night and kicked back some shots. I crashed at his place and then the next day visited our friend Stephanie at the diner where she works, because we wanted food and she had a 14 hour long shift.

When we get to the diner, I see a girl working there who I used to be really good friends with, until shit blew up between us 2 years ago and I haven't seen or spoken to her since.

And then she comes over to our table and starts talking to me.

The whole meal was really really weird, seeing and talking to her.

Later that night I went to my first LAN ever at my friend Elliot's house, with him, some other other friends of mine, and some kids I had never met before. Anyway, so they had gotten me addicted to Warcraft III by 3:30, when I got a phonecall. I looked at my cell and it was my friend Rob.

He was out of breath from running, and was panicking. He and this kid I went to high school with (Basil) needed a ride from this party that had just gotten busted.

So I drive from downtown d.c. to bethesda maryland at 3:30 in the morning, all hocked-up on three red bulls, and pick them up.

Apparently when the party got busted, Rob, Basil, Josh (a kid I went to Hebrew School with), and everyone else bolted. Josh leaped over this little cliff or incline that had an 8 foot drop onto pavement, and Basil followed suit, landing on Josh. Basil and Rob hid in some nearby bushes, and the cops had them completely surrounded. When the cops saw Josh all bloodied up and bruised, they called an ambulance. When the ambulance came, the noise of it was so loud that Rob and Basil were able to sneak away from the bushes they were in (about 6 feet away from the cops!) and call me.

So I pick them up and take them to Rob's house, at which point we get a call from Josh, asking for a ride from the hospital. He had gotten a citation, some bruises, lots of blood and some minor stitches.

We drive over there, and Josh is bloodied up really bad, especially all over his face and hands, with a strip of gauze around his head and an icepack on his eye which is almost swollen shut. But he seemed to have his wits about him for the most part. He had been pretty high and drunk when he took the plunge though, so he probably felt everything a lot more in the morning.

Josh had also called another friend for a ride, who was there with him, so I wound up taking Rob and Basil back to where the party had been (this was about 5 in the morning now), and they drove Rob and Josh's cars back to their respective houses. (Basil had already been planning on crashing at Rob's that night).

I got home at 5:30, fell asleep at 6. I had band practice with Rob at 10 in the morning to 11:30, then band practice with my other band from 11:30 to 3:30.

At which point I chilled out for a couple hours then went back to the LAN until 11:30pm. :-)

Got home, crashed in bed. And apparently my body must have gone straight into REM cycles, because here I am, 6am, fully awake and feeling refreshed.

In. 3 1/2 hours I have to shower and eat, then get the bbq set up with all my friends, then have a band practice with both my bands before the big show.

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
I forget it is the american national day today.

So i wish you a beautiful day !

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Independence Day! Get in the spirit, and check this out!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr_Megalomaniac
Member # 7695

- posted      Profile for Mr_Megalomaniac   Email Mr_Megalomaniac         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy 4th! Horrah Twilight Zone Marathon on Sci-fi!
Posts: 142 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday USA!
[Smile]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Independence Day! [The Wave]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Independence Day to all you lot across the line!
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NinjaBirdman
Member # 7114

- posted      Profile for NinjaBirdman   Email NinjaBirdman         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy 4th to all, now it's time to go party! [Smile]
Posts: 204 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.