FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Christmas just happened at my house....

Author Topic: Christmas just happened at my house....
Lanfear
Member # 7776

- posted      Profile for Lanfear   Email Lanfear         Edit/Delete Post 
... or it feels like it. On the same day i received my copies of Lost Boys, The Worthing Saga and Magic Street. I have so much reading to do and im excited.

By the way, I just ordered Memory of Earth. What other card novels should i read? Ive read everything in the Ender/Bean saga, and all the Tales of Alvin Maker. A suggestion, and a reason why would be awesome for each book

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Enchantment! Enchantment!

Because it's wonderful, it's fun, it's an easy read, and it's a stand-alone.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] That one gets my vote too. It's some of OSC's best dialogue writing ever and it's such a fun story.

I'd also recommend Pastwatch, awesome premise, very cool conclusion.

Stone Tables. Beautiful story-telling...it's been a while since I read it last, but I remember just loving it. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorites are the older ones, I think. They have that same purity and depth of feeling that Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead show. Songmaster and Treason get my vote.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Sarah. Then the others in that line.
Songmaster.
Hart's Hope. (My 14 year old is reading it now, and he says it is like being inside a dream.)
Maps in a Mirror,
and Pastwatch.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Ah, Maps in a Mirror. Definitely. That's so thick and full of OSC goodness that you'll have hours and hours of reading!!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Pastwatch and Enchantment.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

*high fives porter*
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
*ouch!*
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.