FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » No, the world does not revolve around you

Author Topic: No, the world does not revolve around you
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Silly Pop Star is asking for prayers. He was in London during the bombings and wants everyone to pray for him.

He wasn't hurt or anything, just in London at the time. [Wall Bash]

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. . well, kinda hard to tell from that confusing article.

But basically it only says he is asking his fans to pray for a safe return home. I don't see a problem with that. When I take an extended trip, especially flying, I often ask my church friends to pray I have a safe and smooth trip. What's wrong with that?

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I thought this thread was about me.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheDisgruntledPostman
Member # 7200

- posted      Profile for TheDisgruntledPostman   Email TheDisgruntledPostman         Edit/Delete Post 
Im gettin tired of superstars that think they can own the world just because they're "reknown", gets me angry.
Posts: 262 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
FG. It appears he's asking for prayers for his safe trip home when there are people, injured or grieving, who are more in need of those prayers. He offers no condolences or grief for these people, just asks for a safe trip home.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
In the age of replaceable celerities, the only way to stay famous, aside from exceptional talent, is to keep yourself in the public eye. That's what this kid's publicist is trying to do. Talking about how stupid it is also works for them. The only thing they're afraid of is indifference.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
What is wrong with his publicist?

quote:
"He wasn't hurt or anything, but just the fact that he was there and all that."
Aside from getting his inflated ego looked at, he needs to fire his publicist for saying this. How could anyone in public relations utter these words and think they will be received sympathetically?

Unless the publicist is trying to ruin his career. The whole article seemed rather tongue in cheek.

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"It appears he's asking for prayers for his safe trip home when there are people, injured or grieving, who are more in need of those prayers."

Is there really a prayer economy?

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, clearly there is an upper limit to the amount of prayers in the world (namely, six billion people praying around the clock), so in that sense it's a scarce commodity.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.