FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Slacking Missourians ... and others

Author Topic: Slacking Missourians ... and others
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.usatoday.com/money/workplace/2005-07-12-mo-slackers_x.htm

Article in brief:
quote:
The average worker wastes more than two hours a day, and that's not including lunch, according to a new Web survey by America Online and Salary.com.

The No. 1 state for wasting time was Missouri, where workers who responded to the survey reported slacking off 3 hours and 12 minutes a day.

The America Online and Salary.com survey found the workers' top excuses for wasting time nationwide were not enough work or inadequate pay for the work they do.

More than 44% said the No. 1 way they waste time at work is personal Internet use, like reading e-mail, instant messages, playing interactive games — and responding to online polls.

[No No] No more Hatrack at work.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Missouri could also be said to be the most honest state.

I have been trying hard lately to not even look at Hatrack at work. It's really hard to do. I get burned out fairly quickly at my job and I need to think about other things for a while to freshen my mind. But I often get caught up in a conversation here, and so the short break becomes very counterproductive.

Sometimes I just need to carry out my life as well. I spend the most productive hours of my day doing things that other people want me to do. But I also have personal matters to take care of. It's a tough balance that often leaves me grumbling about being a slave to the clock. But I fully agree with putting in an honest day's labor. :)

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, where I work, we don't have internet access. Or cellphone access. And I don't slack off. Unfortunately, in my own diligence, I can't redeem the rest of my stupid state.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. I can't think of the last time I wasted 2 hours of time at work. It just doesn't happen. I remember days at work when the weather was crappy, and only a couple people came into the store. Normal day for me, just more dusting of shelves than selling of electronics.
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I really prefer to stay very busy all day long at work. It makes it more fun and it goes by so much more quickly that way. So I much prefer jobs that leave me no free time to post or chat during working hours.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genius00345
Member # 8206

- posted      Profile for genius00345   Email genius00345         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh...that's where I'm from, and I LOVE to waste time.

Maybe the environment DOES influence kids' lives?

lol love the first comment, advice from robots [Smile]

Posts: 206 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
heh...this isn't new. Haven't you guys seen Office Space?
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I read this as "Slacking Missionaries..* *Pictures missionaries surfing the net and goofing off*
I am very good at work and do not post on message boards or chat.
I only check my email for about 15 seconds.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I think this proves there are a lot of lurking Hatrackers in Missouri.

As a Missourian I would like to blame it all on Hatrack.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.