FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So* I'm Leaving Today

Author Topic: So* I'm Leaving Today
Papa Janitor
Member # 7795

- posted      Profile for Papa Janitor           Edit/Delete Post 
My trip begins this afternoon, so I'll be gone for a couple weeks. Mrs. Card will be receiving reported post notifications, as well as checking in on the forum while I'm gone (not that she doesn't do the latter while I'm here anyway).

All y'all please behave now, y'hear?

--PJ

Posts: 441 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering when that started -- punwit and I talked about it when at Kayla's a couple weeks ago, and couldn't remember when you were scheduled to leave.

Take lots of photos!!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
[Evil]
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
Forget about us, Pops.
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Vacation? Wait a minute. I'm looking at the contract where we bought your soul, and I don't see anything about vacation.

Oh, wait ... now I found the part written in very tiny handwriting, as if by a dextrous child, that if I want you to slave for us during vacations, I have to buy you a most excellent laptop.

Curses! Duped again, and by an exceptionally darling four-year-old!

And no, the laptop is NOT happening, Carl, so you're not going to be able to sign on to Runescape during the vacation.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

How about a blackberry?
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Loupé !

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun, Moose.

How's Mama Squirrel going to get along without you?

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] I hope you have a great trip.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
FOOD FIGHT!
Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Mooselet's always looking out for Daddy. *smile*

I'm really bad about taking pictures, but I'll be getting copies from the other people. And maybe I'll snap a few shots.

Mama is gonna get along without me because she's the strongest woman I know. I think she'll miss me and all, but she's not going to fall apart without me. And for about half the time I'm gone the kids will be in San Diego with my parents and siblings, so Mama will actually get to sleep through the night and even take naps if she wants.

I'm gonna miss you guys, but don't think you're getting rid of me or anything. And when I get back, maybe I'll have interesting enough things to say that someone besides Youth ap Orem might want to date me. A woman, maybe.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
*wonders how many times the phrase "Just wait until Papa gets home!" will be used here in the meantime*
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

Just wait until Papa gets home!
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet! You better come back with one heckuva tan!
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
While the cat's away.... [Razz]

Bon Voyagie!

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

I hate being disproven by eslaine! [Grumble]
eslaine
Member # 5433

Just wait until Papa gets home!
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the three of us took Pop to church and watched the team leave for Uganda. Mostly I chased the kids around while everyone else stood around talking. I think I will be counting the days until the in-laws take the kids to San Diego. Of course then I will be counting the days until they come home.
Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

Have fun, Moms!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Mama, take a day off (maybe a Saturday) and go to a spa, okay? Just 'cause Papa's not there to do the housework doesn't mean you need to spend every day doing his job. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]

don't worry, we'll be good!

*psst*
[Party]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooops, I meant to post a "Have a safe trip!" yesterday. Ah well, I trust it will go well anyway. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't received a message from Pop, but the leader of the group e-mailed and said they all made it to Uganda safely. They are having internet problems so I don't know when I will hear from Pop directly. Only two pieces of luggage were lost (out of about 26).
Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

While I was typing the previous message I received this in e-mail. It's a little more detailed than the first message. Again it is from the leader, not from Pop.

Hello to everyone,
This is just a brief note to let everyone know that our group arrived
safely in Uganda, somewhat tired and smelly though after 36 hours of
travel. Our only glitch was two pieces of missing luggage. We
hopefully will get this luggage by Wed this week. We will be oriented
to our tasks at New Hope on Tuesday. We know now that we will be doing
a number of helpful jobs including corn harvesting for the family groups
at New Hope, helping out with the secondary school, laying out
landscaping plans, voice lessons, and various other activities. Please
pray for a few of us not feeling well, rapid adjustment to the new time
zone, and recovering of our two missing bags.

New Hope Uganda Team

As always, I am sure they would appreciate your prayers.

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the update. I'm wildly jealous - it sounds like it is so much fun.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.