FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Where were you 5 years ago? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Where were you 5 years ago?
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] That's great Belle!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sometimes I think you're the only one who loves me, Storm.

Well, besides kat, of course.

Hey! I was making sure people on AIM had read that post and were laughing as hysterically as I was!

I merely forgot to post one of these: [Laugh]

Very sorry. I'll try not to let that happen again.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
As time has told, I need no outside reinforcement to keep posting the way I do. [Razz]

If I gut upset every time nobody posted to laugh at my jokes, I'd have some sort of complex by now.

Storm just looks out for me 'cause he my boy.

[ July 19, 2005, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Frisco ]

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Storm just looks out for me 'cause he my boy.
So much for not getting mushy. [Wink]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't think back that far... Two years ago, on the other hand...
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been thinking on this, and it amazes me how much my life has changed. 5 years ago I was 26 and raising a 2 year-old and 5 year-old on my own. I was getting ready to start college and praying that I could afford the rent on our apartment.

Little did I know that in another month Mr. Opera would ask me to marry him. [Smile] We just celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary. My kids are now 10 and 7, and we have a new life on the way in October. I feel incredibly lucky. I haven't finished my degree yet, but I'm darn close. I'm happy and I like it.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
Five years ago I was in the middle of a month of intensive dance training in one of the best dance academies in the world, the Kirov Ballet. It was the summer between 7th and 8th grade and my parents had finally separated after years of arguements and I was ecstatic to finally have a real home. I had only one friend at school who I pretty much hung out with only because no one else liked either of us. I was busy wondering where I wanted to go to high school and agonizing over why no one wanted me for a friend or a girlfried.

Now I'm eagerly awaiting the beginning of my first year of college at a school that I think is truly ideal for me. I no longer dance but I'm also no longer the depressed and lonely person I was. I have some wonderful friends and have been with an even more wonderful boyfriend for over two and a half years. After getting back together for four years, my parents separated again 9 months ago. I'm wrestling now with whether I ever want to return home after I leave for school or if it is time to cut my loses and leave, but all in all life is good and I'm looking forward to seeing where and who I am five years from now.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.