FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I got promoted

Author Topic: I got promoted
SoberTillNoon
Member # 6170

- posted      Profile for SoberTillNoon   Email SoberTillNoon         Edit/Delete Post 
I got moved up from the entry level position of "lacky" to the lofty status of "Restaurant Supervisor." Things are looking up for me; I can finally get a car. Look out all those places I wanted to go, for I will be able to go there now.

The only down side of this all is I have to get up at 0530 at least one day a week. It is like being at school all over again.

Posts: 262 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Monkey
Member # 7612

- posted      Profile for Exploding Monkey   Email Exploding Monkey         Edit/Delete Post 
I get up at 3:45am every work day.

5:30, Pulezzzzeee! Stop sleeping in! [Razz]

Posts: 339 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, they've got a 5:30 in the morning now, too?

Really though, getting up for work at 3:45am is nothing. With my last job, by that time I'd already been at work for hours. Lazy slacker!

(It all wraps around in the end, because there is no end)

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! And I wouldn't complain about 5:30; my dad used to do a 48-hour shift at the hospital so he could have the weekend off, get off at 3, drive through an hour and a half of traffic to pick us up from preschool and daycare, stay up until 11 or 12 reading to me, and then be awakened by my brother jumping on him at 5 in the morning the next day, just about every other Friday.

You don't know the meaning of sleep-deprivation! [Wink]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoberTillNoon
Member # 6170

- posted      Profile for SoberTillNoon   Email SoberTillNoon         Edit/Delete Post 
Not at all. And enough coffee can get me through the 16 hour shifts I have to work from time to time. beyond that, there is plenty of napping.
Posts: 262 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah !! Congratulation ! When can i come to diner in your restaurant ?
Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Mazel tov!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]

Congrats, Austin!

Glad things are going well for you!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoberTillNoon
Member # 6170

I thought I was going to be in real trouble today, as I left the fryers on and they set off the heat sensitive alarm. But everything is Kosher!
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to add another Congratulation to Choobak's. Now you have two. :)
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoberTillNoon
Member # 6170

My count makes that at the least 4 congratulatins and one congrats....
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Many congratulations!! [Smile] That's fantastic!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.