FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's a....... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: It's a.......
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M, in all seriousness.

I don't think I'll have time to sew anything for your little one, because my time is so very limited right now and the craft I'm most focused on now is my dyeing. I'd like to hand-dye something for her.

don't tell me I don't have to do anything at all, I know that. I want to. I feel like I know this little one, with all the information you've shared through your infertility struggle and I know the particular happiness of conceiving after that struggle, because I've been there too. You've shared so much with us I really want to give back and do something for you and Andrew and the ladybug.

So I want you to tell me what size you'd like to have. With you and Andrew being tall, I suppose that anything under six months might be too small too quick, she'll probably grow out of stuff fast.

So what do you think you'll have the most need of? I'm thinking a soft, 100% cotton everyday wear outfit in pastels. Probably a 6-9 month size? Or do you want me to go even bigger? 9-12 month? Long sleeve, short sleeve? One piece, two piece? What type of preferences do you have?

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Shigosei, I have thought that she might not like dressing up (she might even be a tomboy). That's fine with me, but I think it's pretty unlikely. She's genetically pre-disposed to be a very girly-girl. I would only wear dresses until I was about 6.

Scott, maybe if we lived in Hollywood.

Belle, you're right - I am going to tell you that you don't have to do that. That being said, thank you very much. Hopefully she won't grow too fast, so it'll be spring/early summer when she's in the 6-9 month sizes. A little dress or bodysuit would be nice.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
*dances* [Big Grin]

This is going to be fun. I don't have any little ones any more and baby clothes are so much fun to work with.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
congratz. And I love the ladybug name. It saves us from calling her Little Miss M.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
What happy happy news [Smile]
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
A little Miss M [Smile] . I'm so very excited for you!
Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! I wish we could throw you a baby shower. Are you on a baby registry somewhere?
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Every time I read the words "Little Miss," it makes me think of those books - Little Miss Neat, Little Miss Sunshine, etc.

I haven't registered yet - I'm not sure which one to go with. I'm not sure I'm having a RL baby shower. The timing is just so bad for everyone. Plus my bridal shower was such a disaster that I'm a bit reluctant to have any kind of shower ever.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I keep reading "Little Miss" and thinking "The boys all call me pretty little miss, it don't ever phase me..." [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I just found another dress for little miss Ladybug! And it's available in the size she'll be wearing next summer, too! [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
That's adorable!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

*sighs*

*dreams of her own future family, as all females do*

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jh
Member # 7727

- posted      Profile for jh   Email jh         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh ... not all of us. We dream about other things.
Posts: 155 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm dreaming about a nice tamale.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmmm...tamale.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Baby sized tamale? Yum. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.