FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » For those who recently posted (or plan to post) LANDMARKS

Author Topic: For those who recently posted (or plan to post) LANDMARKS
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
You might want to mark on your calendar to bump your thread the first week of August (2nd or later, as Pop gets back late on the 1st) so Pop sees it and can add it to his list. I don't think Pop will be looking this far back on Hatrack when he comes back from Uganda.
Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Couldn't they just put "Landmark" in the title so he could search the forum for it?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chreese Sroup
Member # 8248

- posted      Profile for Chreese Sroup           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I guess it's time to buckle down and finish it.

Then I'll stop using this account ... maybe.

Posts: 189 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
They could, but the search option hasn't always been the greatest on here from what I have heard.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Or we could link them in THIS thread, and just bump it when Pop gets back.

Let's see, I saw Belle's 10,001

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Katarain's 1000
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Dragon's 18th Birthday
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Hippo Birdies Two Bees
this will be a double landmark by the time Papa gets back, both my birthday and my Hatraversary [Big Grin]

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Extra work for Pop? Shame on you!
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Jon, how is this extra work? We're helping!
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I think he was talking about Goody's double landmark.....
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Olivet's 7000
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's mine.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

fiazko, yours was already added to the Landmark Post Thread. (scroll down to the last post)
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
How come it says "Not yet archived"?
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Well, that just means that it's still an active thread and anyone who wants to post in it still can. Papa's archiving them if they are inactive for more than a month.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Narnia's tribute to her grandfather

Jonathan Howard's 1990

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Extra work for Pop? Shame on you!
I didn't reply to this earlier because I was trying really really hard (and succeeded) to make my 2000th post happen today.

Jon, I didn't originally plan it out this way, but I did a double landmark. After posting my #1973, I realized that I was weeks away from my anniversary date and that I had less than 30 posts to go to a traditional landmark point. And since my birthday post was kind of a downer, I realized I needed (at least for myself) to do a counterpost with happy memories.

I put them both in the same thread, so there's only one thread for Papa to catalog and archive when he returns. I didn't see the point in making two separate threads all about me, especially so close together. And I guess I should edit my earlier post in this thread with the new landmark title?

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

It's ok for the name since the link works anyway.
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Uganda?!? Really? That's awesome.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

Bump for Pop.
rivka
Member # 4859

One nice thing about Pop being gone is seeing more of Mama. [Smile] You've posted as much in the last couple weeks as in the 4-5 months prior.
Corwin
Member # 5705

*bump*

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.