FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » iTunes Question

Author Topic: iTunes Question
His Savageness
Member # 7428

- posted      Profile for His Savageness   Email His Savageness         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there any way to modify the order of songs in the library itself? I can, of course, modify the order of songs in playlists, but the library decides it knows what order my songs belong in in the library. Sometimes it gets it wrong. Any thoughts?
Posts: 194 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
The songs aren't in any particular order, they only appear in the order you've sorted them in, which should be right for any standard alphabetical sorting over the field you've sorted on.

If you want to change the order, change the names (or artists, or . . .)

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
If it's mis-ordering album tracks, you need to edit the tags to include the track number.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
If you were just dragging and dropping into iTunes, you may need to go back and tag all your files, so that they are correct.

I had a ton of music that was downloaded back in the napster days, as well as a bunch that I ripped and manually tagged. I had to retag about 8000 songs before iTunes made any kind of sense.

If you need this, download a program called Tag and Rename. It makes mass tagging much easier. I can even download all the info from CDDB or FreeDB (including cover art, in some cases).

Good luck, this can be a real b****.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.