FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 受信トレイ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 受信トレイ
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
<------------ is totally impressed with Jatraqueros' language skills. [Hail]

Meaning, in a language other than English, but the board won't let me use parentheses after the arrow because it thinks it's an html tag. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
From now on I shall speak in Biblical Hebrew.

וְעַתָּ֥ה רֵעָ֖י שִׁ֣מְעוּ נָּ֑א, כִּ֛י אֲדַבֵּ֖ר בִּ֥לְשׁוֹן־עָֽתָק.

Edited for ancient Hebrew grammar.

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Neko wa ikura desu ka?

*on a roll!*

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Neko ga kirai desu.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Neko wa takasugimasu. Inu o kaimasu kudasai.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
Neko no arerugii ga aru kara kaimasen. Inu no hoo ga kawaii to omoun da kedo shujin wa inu o kau koto ga dekinai to itta. Zannen ne!

(katte kudasai for the command)

Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
早口言葉 (Haykuchi Kotoba) de Nihongo wo renshu shitara?
Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

tonari no kyaku wa yoku kaki kuu kyaku da
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

Just for the record, I'd like to say that I absolutely loathe Romanji.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
it;s been a while since I took Japanese, but I still love my TA trying to say hambaagaa without the whole class giggling. and the professor yelling "hiya stoppu" in a very piercing shrill voice (usually directly in my ear). Of course 1 Ta explained about her first semester in Japan where she asked the taxi driver to take her to the hospital, but since she stressed the wrong syllable of the word, he took her to the "red light district " because she had asked to go to a whore house! That got a good laugh...that and the translation of the Spanish word for fish "pescados" translated into Japanese "pesucadusu" then translated into English...."smelly bastard"
(based on the fact that in the 1800's Spanish sailors.. fishermen were fishing off the coast of Japan and when they pulled their full nets in they would yell "Pescados!" When they pulled into port, after not bathing for several months at a time, and tried to "pick up" Japanese women , the Japanese thought they were smelly and that they were disreputable bastards; hence the translation from Pescados...... to... Pesucadusu....... to Smelly Bastard!

Nihongo ga dai suki desu ne! Bosutonu redu sokusu ga ichiban desu ne!

Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
私自身, ローマ字が好きでタイプしてる訳じゃないんだけど. …
ただ, ここにいる人達が, 何れ程日本語を理解出来るか判断出来ない限り, ローマ字を使う事はあまり気にならない.

長いローマ字は読み難いので, 普通は無視して読まない事にしてる.

Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
a! atashi wa romaaji ga daisuki.

It's not my fault, though. It's how I first learned, and also is the fastest way to type Japanese into a Japanese word processor. I could type Japanese lots faster than the secretaries at my office in Japan because they were hunting and pecking kana. (heeeeh! arison-san wa hayai ne!!!)

I eventually got pretty good at reading kana. Of course, I'm terrible at reading it in this thread because my computer/ browser is not using the correct font . . . [Smile] I'm just getting lots of square boxes.

Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

quote:
I absolutely loathe Romanji
Alright smarty-pants, say this repeatedly as fast as you can:

坊主が屏風に上手に坊主の絵を描いた。

Taalcon
Member # 839

Thing is, all my Japanese I've been learning with kana. Romanji just seems...wrong. For the words and phrases I know, I can actually read and understand the kana and kanji more quickly than I can the Romanji, because the Kana is the way I originally learned it.

I think learning Japanese through romanji is actually very counter-productive.

Although I will say I'm a big fan of furigana *grin*

skillery
Member # 6209

青巻紙赤巻紙黄巻紙

Here's your furigana:
あおまきがみあかまきがみきまきがみ
(ao makigami aka makigami ki makigami)

Hey, that one even twists your tongue in English:
"Blue wrapping paper, red wrapping paper, yellow wrapping paper"

Here's the English translation of the tongue twister above (bouzo ga byoubu ni jouzu ni bouzo no e wo kaita):
"The priest skillfully drew a picture on a folding screen of a priest."

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.