FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I just got the latest Robin Hobb book!

Author Topic: I just got the latest Robin Hobb book!
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]
Shaman's Crossing, the first in a new trilogy by Robin Hobb. I'm going to read it right after I finish Harry Potter VI and Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel.

Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I still can't get my hands on the second book in the Liveship Traders trilogy.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
*high fives Yogi*
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

Does everything except JKR get released earlier in Europe? Just checked Amazon and they have a September release date for the book.

(Jim-me is a better person than I am - more generous anyway. Cannot bring myself to high-five you.)

::Walks away, mumbling about the injustice of it all:: [Grumble]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting. Hadn't even heard of this new book.

Man that woman writes fast!

Does this take place in the same universe as Farseer and Bingtown Traders? Guess I can go read the synopsis myself...

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parsimony
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for Parsimony           Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering when she would have something new, glad to know what I can look forward to.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 367 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
His Savageness
Member # 7428

- posted      Profile for His Savageness   Email His Savageness         Edit/Delete Post 
Why can't Martin write as fast as Hobb? Of course, her books aren't nearly as long as his, but still...
Posts: 194 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't realize there was a new one coming out! Thanks for the heads-up! Now I know what to get one of my boys for his birthday....

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, I read Robin Hobb slowly. It took me weeks to get through the second Assassin book, and now I've taken about a 2-month hiatus from the third one. I'm not sure why. Maybe because after the first one I knew I was guaranteed that really really bad things were going to happen to characters that I really really liked. [Frown]
Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.