FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Great Escape -- BC Style

Author Topic: The Great Escape -- BC Style
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
link

quote:
Three British Columbians accused of building a tunnel under the border to smuggle drugs into the United States are part of a network of organized crime that rivals the Hells Angels, RCMP Inspector Pat Fogarty alleged yesterday.
You've got to give them points for creativity.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, it rivals the Hells Angels? *giggles*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProverbialSunrise
Member # 7771

- posted      Profile for ProverbialSunrise   Email ProverbialSunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... I wonder how long a tunnel that would be.

*can't stop laughing*
[ROFL]

Posts: 132 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
That's got to be one long tunnel, all the way from Columbia to the USA. Those British people sure are industrious. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm confused, I get the Columbia jokes but why is this particularly funny. I'm not saying it's a heavy piece of news or anything but it's not funny just interesting.

*puzzled*

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
It was poorly written, so that it seems to say they were digging all the way from BC.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
From the thread title, I'd thought that Bean Counter had gone AWOL.

Anyone remember Hogan's Heroes? They were perptually tunnelling, but never seemed to get anywhere.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
It was poorly written, so that it seems to say they were digging all the way from BC.

er...the south end of BC is right on the border
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Reiko, I hear your pain.

Any idea where in BC this happened?

And yeah, I'll also admit that it sounded like it'd be about Bean Counter. . .

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
Wondered if this was something imitating my style.

BC

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I just thought the "rivals the hells angels" comment was amusing.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

It was in Aldergrove and they dug a tunnel to Lyndon, Washington. I debated writing out "British Columbia" instead of "BC"...but then I was lazy and didn't want to chance the title being cut off or something
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, there are those Americans who think that British Columbia, because of it's name, is actually part of the British Isles and don't realize it is the westernmost Canadian province, and it borders Washington State (not to mention Idaho and Montana). I have met some personally. No offense to the 99.99% of you who actually paid attention to that split-second where they mentioned Canada in your geography classes...
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh... right. [Smile]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, DH, you've still got to be kind of impressed with them. At least they know where the British Isles are. For American kids, that ain't too shabby.
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, gee, everyone knows that they're right across the Pacific.

[Wink]

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.