FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Calling all Boston-area Jatraqueros! (OSC signing)

Author Topic: Calling all Boston-area Jatraqueros! (OSC signing)
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
A friend and I are looking for a place to stay the night of the Card signing in Cambridge (Wednesday). We're currently on an island, and wouldn't be able to make it back to the ferry on time. So (I refuse to use the star [Razz] ) is anyone willing to lend us some floor space? Or, barring that, reccommend a good youth hostel in the area? We don't have a car, so 'the area' is pretty small.

We'd be willing to make recompense with dinner or the like. [Smile]

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

Well, we've found a place to stay the night.

Is anyone else going to the signing?

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
We can't, Nathan will be at work. [Frown]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

bleh
Miro
Member # 1178

Is nobody else going? Or is it just that nobody wants to be seen with me?

Well, I may or may not be able to log on again before the signing. If anyone does go, keep a lookout for a Washington Nationals cap - red with a big white W.

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm planning on going!

(and Nathan is dumb. [Razz] )

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn jobs, they always get in the way... [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

It was fun. [Smile] But I didn't see any Hatrackers. [Frown] Dragon, did you make it?

There weren't as many people there as I'm used to. I didn't even have to wait to get my book signed, because Card signed the books of early birds while waiting to get started. I left the signing feeling that I had missed or forgotten something. Then I realized that I had missed the waiting/standing in line. *shrug*

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I did, I think I saw you right as you were leaving. You sat in the front, and I was standing in the back because I got there late.

(If you saw me, I was the blonde girl in the pink shirt)

Oh, and I got my head squished! [Smile]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet!

I figured there would be long lines as well.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minerva
Member # 2991

- posted      Profile for Minerva           Edit/Delete Post 
I think I saw you, if you were sitting right in front. It didn't even really fill up, I think a lot of the people who were there were just people who happened to be browsing at the store.
Posts: 289 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I just have to say, I LOVE the Coop. [Smile]
Miro
Member # 1178

Why didn't you say hi?!?! [Mad]

Yes, I was in the front row.

Minerva
Member # 2991

- posted      Profile for Minerva           Edit/Delete Post 
I figured you'd have no idea who I was (since I am really just a lurker).
Posts: 289 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

You're a Hatracker. That's all that matters.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.