FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Farewell to Hatrack for a While

Author Topic: Farewell to Hatrack for a While
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Farewell to Hatrack for a while.
I've loved you very well,
But whether Mom's connection works,
Well, only time will tell.

In just less than three hours now,
We're getting on a plane,
So I know not if I'll have time
To post a post again.

We're still frantically packing
Dishes, cups, and things like that
(Which I don't trust the husband with;
Afraid they might get cracked.)

I'm making lunch for everyone
(It's known as Texas Hash )
And leftovers will feed Jeff
'Til he heads off with our stash.

(A side note here; I can't believe
When looking all around
We've so much stuff; the boxes
Tower and stuff left still abounds.)

The baby's at the table,
She's making quite a mess;
She didn't get the memo
About "cleaning up", I guess.

And so I post this final thread,
T'least for a week or two
Because in the next couple of hours
There's so much I must do.

I'll miss you dear, my Hatrack friends,
I'll see you in a bit,
I'm sure the 'Rack will live without
Me; what of me without it? [Angst]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs* I'll miss you, KQ. Maybe I can come out West some time later this year or early next year.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
*applauds*

Best of luck!

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Enjoy and good luck!!! [Wave]
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice rhyme there.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Godspeed to the Ketchup family!
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, all. *eats lunch as she posts*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Safe journey, kq and princess!
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
*waves and hugs farewell*
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker-Girl
Member # 7802

- posted      Profile for Lurker-Girl   Email Lurker-Girl         Edit/Delete Post 
[No No] (you know why)

[Kiss] Safe trip for you and ketchup princess!

Posts: 74 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Godspeed and may the best days of your lives be right ahead of you!
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

I'll miss one of my favorite Hatrackers, but take care!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
You must be out here by now, but I haven't been on to see this thread.

See ya soon! Good luck with all the moving and such.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
KQ is due to arrive in CA in an hour after a lay over in SLC. She has only been gone for less than a day and I already miss her and KP. [Frown] Road trips just aren't the same when I only have cats to talk to.

Honey, if you check this, a [Kiss] from 1500 miles away from me to you.

Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck. Hope your travels are felicitous. [Wave]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]
I'll miss you kq!

That was a sweet poem btw.

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
NOOOOO! DON'T LEAVE ME! ANNE! STAY HERE! PLEASE!

I'll miss you. And great poem.

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'm ba-ack... [Evil Laugh]
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh thank goodness. I was starting to have to place people in restraints for going mad with grief at your absence. Some of them were even using catsup instead of ketchup. I know... it was horrible. [Razz]

That being said. Welcome back! We missed you. [Group Hug]

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[ROFL] I didn't even know you cared, larisse! [Kiss]
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Glad you're here! How's it going?
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hectic; I forgot to change my "vacation" status on Amazon, and two things sold; one just two days ago, so that's okay, but one a week ago, and I am going to have to expedite their shipping. Oops. It was a bit hectic.

Our apartment is all over boxes. We're staying with my mom until we get a bit more unpacked.

On the up side of things, my aunt and uncle gave us $600 for a refridgerator, and we found one for $451 including tax, and will get a $50 rebate on it from the electic company because it's energy efficient, plus a manufacturer's rebate. If anyone needs any large appliances for the kitchen or bath and is in the LA area, boy, do I have a store for you! They sell floor models and stuff, hence the awesome pricing. We have to wait until Tuesday to get it, but delivery is free.

So that's happy. [Smile]

[ August 06, 2005, 03:50 AM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy is always good. [Kiss] Glad to have you back, kq.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'm glad to be back.

And the low cost of the fridge means we have money left to get a wardrobe (which we desperately need because of the tiny closet in our room) from IKEA.

Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
welcome back, your High-Ketchup-Ness

[Smile]

[ August 08, 2005, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Jim-Me ]

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I missed this the first time around! That's such a wonderful poem!

Welcome back [Smile]

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! You're back. [Smile] Good news on the fridge. It's almost too bad I don't need one. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.