FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Same player lose again.

Author Topic: Same player lose again.
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
After all i heard here about my charming person, I took my courage, and decide to test my chance with the girl i never said i love her. I invited her two or three times the last two weeks. She is very close friend and i wondered if there is more. After the last rendez-vous (a beautiful guided visit in the musée d'Orsay, temple of Impressionism, I said what i really feel for her.
I do'nt make a picture, It resulted what happened each time. I begin to have the habit.

So, I just want that the next time you wrote about me, please, be honest.
Thank you.

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Choobak,

just because one person doesn't find you to be charming and amazing, doesn't mean the people who said they do are lying. Trust me, this lesson is better learned the easy way.

Chin up!

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Try saying something to her in French. Women totally find that charming. ;)

I don't think anybody is lying to you. And after all, courage and confidence won't hurt you too much in the long run.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

- posted      Profile for JuniperDreams   Email JuniperDreams         Edit/Delete Post 
awww.. Cheer up... Some girls just dont know what theyre missing. Don't give up!!
Posts: 1245 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Choobak, you are a charming guy. Perhaps you are just revealing your feelings a bit too soon? I think if some guy told me he loved me after just two or three dates, I would be just a little uncomfortable...

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

This is not just two or three dates...
Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Farmgirl:
Choobak, you are a charming guy. Perhaps you are just revealing your feelings a bit too soon? I think if some guy told me he loved me after just two or three dates, I would be just a little uncomfortable...

The connotations are different in French. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Frankly, I think you are the nicest person I’ve ever met – that is, of course, if you are the same person in real life! You always treat everyone with sensitivity and kindness, and you have a great sense of humor! French women must have a serious problem if they were asked out by you and refused!
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I, for one, was totally sincere when I mentioned that you're pleasant and charming. You have a lot going for you.

I can't explain girls to you, though. We are weird and inexplicable and have very complex goals and feelings. She might have many reasons for her current decisions, but I promise you that your own charms are not the problem.

There is someone out there somewhere who is suited just for you. Finding her might be tricky, but I promise that when you do, the long search will have been worth it.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Choobak, take it from a guy who just went through this, there is absolutely nothing whatsoever wrong with you. I mean, I'm the coolest, most charming, fun to be around, wonderful guy I know (I also went from having no self-esteem to being completely cocky in no less than one month), but girls still turn me down. The reason isn't because I'm not a good guy, it's because I'm not completely comfortable yet.

Look at it this way, look at how much time you've spent with her. Women don't spend that much time with men they hate, and most of the women I know won't spend more time than they have to with people they don't at least enjoy being around. I know that saying this doesn't fix the pain you feel. But a little bit of time does wonders for a broken heart, and don't get down on yourself. And try to find some American women. They really do go nuts over guys who speak French. At least, that's what my brother tells me [Smile]

edit: Holy cow. I should be the last person giving relationship advice.

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Another possible explanation for why so many people on Hatrack can think you're charming but you still have a tough time on actual dates: You may be more comfortable writing online than you are with a girl in person. Trust me on this one. You can also get into more deep and meaningful discussions here, compared to most dates, which are often filled with small talk and awkward pauses. This is to say nothing of nervousness that can set in when you're standing next to a beautiful woman, making harder for you to be your charming self.

Don't give up or get depressed. Be comfortable with yourself and women will be more comfortable around you. I've been through my share of dating woes, too. You just have to deal with it and keep trying.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Enigmatic, I think you are right. I am so better writer than speaker (as i think). But i am in changing phase since the begining of this year. I never noticed before, but I think it is a sort of bloom of my personnality. I'm searching my way and what i am. I think it's still a long road.
But all those "failures" don't confort me.
Sometime i'd like be a rock or an island.
Because a rock feels no pain, and an island never cries.

Chungwa
Member # 6421

- posted      Profile for Chungwa   Email Chungwa         Edit/Delete Post 
Choobak, you're amazing.

[ July 27, 2005, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: Chungwa ]

Posts: 367 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Well...

You got a guided tour of Musee D'Orsay, so the evening wasn't a total loss. I admire you for trying, Choobak. The failure would be in NOT trying. Someday, you will find someone who loves you for who you are and doesn't hold back. And when that happens, I hope you'll remember how nice the Impressionist paintings were yesterday, and not miss your real opportunity because you wanted THAT OTHER woman to love you.

Bon chance, mon ami!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Choobak, I went through a period where I was questioning my self-worth and my ability to find someone that appreciated me for who I thought I was. I'd been rejected or dumped by a succesion of women and I wondered what was wrong with me. At some point I began to look at the situation with a different perspective. Instead of questioning myself I questioned the motivation of the women. I'm not saying that I became conceited and thought, "What's wrong with these women", I'm saying that I realized that each person makes choices that are dictated by their own criteria. It's healthier to believe that they make those choices because of their own strengths and inadequecies rather than your strenghs and shortcomings.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Choobak, you are charming and funny and interesting, and I'm telling you the truth as I see it. I'm also going to tell you that you only need one woman to find you charming and irrisistable. She's out there. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Well... you're certainly right, everybody.
Maybe a woman will find me "charming and irresistable". I'd like. But i don't manage to belive it because the last time i though it happened was for around ten years. It's a bit of long period, isn't it ?
And it was a wrong story...

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Ten years without a date? Why does that timeframe sound familiar?

Oh, right. Somebody go find dkw, so she can tell Choobak a story about not dating and finding love.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Do you believe that people here that said they found you charming were somehow dishonest? What reason would they have to do that?

I know this is personal, but what do you think of yourself? I ask because I'm concerned about your self-image. If you would rather not discuss this that's fine. I just hope you aren't getting down about who you are. The folks here that proclaimed you charming, meant it. They had no agenda, they just liked you.

[ July 27, 2005, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Sometime, i dislike me, sometimes i think i was really good.
Sometime, i am estonish by my general knowledge, sometime, i think i am boring.
Sometime, i think i can touch the perfection in creation (in poetry for exemple), sometime i look my work as a rubbish.
Sometime, i see me strong, tall, and a good living, sometime i look clumsy and ugly.

I think i am not someone who is active, but an observer. I like look details, understand how it works, and compare with the rest. I have a real good memory. and i like laughing.

punwit
Member # 6388

Ok, I'd say you have a realistic self-image, the good balanced with the not so good. I'm relieved that your recent travails haven't soured your perception of self. I have no magical advice for snaring a mate but I believe, quite strongly, that you have many traits that will endear you to a woman that is bright enough to see them.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.