FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Tante Shvester's 1000th Post

Author Topic: Tante Shvester's 1000th Post
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Not a landmark or anything, but is this some kind of record?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's a passage as enter in the adult age, no ?

Congrats !!!

[edit]
I'm just at 897...

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Wha---? How---??

Do you sleep? [Wink]

It took me forever to reach 1000!

-Katarain

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*watches back* [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

- posted      Profile for CT           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for your 1000!

It may be a speed record, but it may not be (we've had some amazing posters fly through as the years went by). But regardless, it is a time of significance.

*toasts

Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I admit I am powerless over Hatrack - that my life has become unmanageable.

Are there meetings or something that I can go to now that I've taken the first step?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
*clinks glass with CT's*

That's 20.4 posts per day.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

No Dags, it's not. She only posts 6 days out of 7.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

True. Shabbos is a day off from Hatrack for me. And I am sure to always attend the shiur with the Shluffer Rebbe on Shabbos.

Translated -- that's when I sleep.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

An average rate takes zero days into account. [Razz]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Actually, what it does is ignore them. [Wink]

And Tante, I am so stealing that line! [Big Grin]

Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
You did it! Do you remember what day in June you joined?
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Profile for Tante Shvester
Member Status: Member
Member Number: 8202
Email Address: Click here to email this user
Interests: Mitzvos!

Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
1012 already...Tante, it's great to have you in the forum, I enjoy reading your posts very much. Keep up with the good work!
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Aww...shucks!
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! [The Wave]
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Forty-nine days then? I'll do some math on that with your post number around midnight. Because I couldn't even guess how many more posts you might have today. The recent posts thing is only showing 50, but I'm guessing you've made more than that.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Tante Shvester.

I'm surprised no one had remarked on my fading into the background as you came onto the scene [Wink]

And now onto important matters. What is my post count?

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
His Savageness
Member # 7428

- posted      Profile for His Savageness   Email His Savageness         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. And to think I registered a couple of months before you. I guess I just don't have that kind of dedication and moxie...
Posts: 194 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
What is my post count?
This wouldn't even need to be a question if you all didn't play musical screen names so much. [Razz]
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember when Pod started a thread about his 1337 post. I always thought that many posts would take years to reach. At the time, it did. Then Jon Boy and T_Smith came along. :D Now speed seems to be the norm.

Have a merry ride to 10,000, Tante.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, I'm a slow poster.

I'm glad to have you here, Tante. The first time I saw your screen name, I had to call my mother to confirm what Tante and Shvester mean. You can't imagine how long it took me to explain. [Smile]

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
You think you're slow? It took me four years to reach 1,000 posts.

So, what do Tante and Shvester mean?

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And I am sure to always attend the shiur with the Shluffer Rebbe on Shabbos.

Translated -- that's when I sleep.

But it doesn't work in English...
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, one other thing: How the HELL did you reach so many posts? I'm one of the real active ones here, with over twn posts a day - but you are so recent that I feel like an alte kakke. 1000 posts! Wow! I reached 2,360, roughly, and still I don't get how you post more quickly than kq.

I look at her post count. One minute it's 3,500, the next moment 4,500, and the next over 6,000. You are beating her at this rate.

quote:
So, what do Tante and Shvester mean?
Tante = aunt; Shvester = sister.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
But it doesn't work in English...
What doesn't work?

I can explain the joke, for the non-Jewish crowd:

A shiur is a religious lesson or lecture, usually given by a rabbi. While they can be held on any day, many people make a special point to attend shiur on Shabbos (that is, the Sabbath)

Grand Chasidic rabbis often go by the nickname of the Chasidic branch that they lead. The Rabbi who leads the Lubovitch group would be known as the Lubovitcher Rebbe. Rebbe just means "Rabbi".

We are getting closer to the funny part...

The Yiddish word for "sleep" is shluff. "The Shluffer Rebbe" therefore sounds like the appellation of a Grand Chasidic Rebbi, but there is no group of "Shluff Chasids" -- it is just an invented name.

Attending shiur with the Shluffer Rebbe, is a joking way to say you are going to sleep, but making it sound like you are going to a deeply important religious study session.

Trust me, the joke was waaaay funnier before I explained all the life out of it. [Smile]

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

quote:
Trust me, the joke was waaaay funnier before I explained all the life out of it.
It was. It was a brilliant one, but you'd have to have some Jewish background in order to understand it. So the explanation - while excellent - doesn't help too much. It's too Jewish a joke.
rivka
Member # 4859

And I'm just waiting for Shabbos to come so I can use it!
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Funny, I thought it was pretty darned funny once it was explained, and I have no-where near a Jewish background in any way shape or form.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Yeah, I'm a hot riot!
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Me as well, I enjoyed the explination, despite being raise RC and being about as Irish as one can can be. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
I enjoyed the explination, despite being raise RC and being about as Irish as one can can be. [italics added for emphasis]
I fail to see what the Can Can has to do with being Irish Catholic. [Wink]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.