FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Want Luke Skywalker's severed hand?

Author Topic: Want Luke Skywalker's severed hand?
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
A massive auction of Hollywood memorabilia is going up on eBay, and the list is staggering. Original light sabers and uniforms from Star Wars, stuff from Star Trek, Charlton Heston's jewelry from The Ten Commandments, Marilyn Monroe's dress from "Gentleman Prefer Blondes," Radar O'Reilly's teddy bear, the big city name sign post from M*A*S*H, Thurston Howell's hat from Gilligan's Island, one of Mulder's suits from The X-Files (and a pack of The Smoking Man's cigarettes!), a handful of Pirates of the Caribbean treasure, Indiana Jones' leather jacket, stuff from Buffy (including a straight jacket, and the amulet from the last episode), a crime scene kit from CSI, Kevin Sorbo's vest from Hercules, David Carradine's costume from Kung Fu, Colonel Klink's uniform, Witchiepoo's wand from H. R. Puffinstuff, Red Skelton's hobo top hat, Will Smith's Converse All-Stars from I, Robot, an Agent Smith pistol from the Matrix movies, the sword from Mask of Zorro, Tom Hank's costume from Saving Private Ryan, a laser rifle from Mars Attacks, Samuel L. Jackson's pistol from Pulp Fiction, a rocket pack from The Rocketeer, one of Johnny Depp's outfits from Benny & Joon, Spengler's jumpsuit from Ghostbusters, even the frigging page of the phone book ripped out in Back to the Future.

That's not even close to a complete list. Geez. Check em out. What would YOU buy?

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
There's stuff I would like to own there, but none of it will end in a price range that I would be able to afford for such a thing.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, but we're talking dreamland, where you can drop thousands of dollars for something you have no earthly use for.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
If I could get 3 of those for free (and can't resell them) I'd pick The Mask of Zorro sword, Agent Smith's pistol, and the stormtrooper blaster. That'd be pretty awesome to have those in my room.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I think when it comes down to it, I'd be a sucker for the Gone with the Wind stuff. It is the film with the strongest personal connection for me, because my dad confided to me that he loved it during that spring when I was his only child.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Harrison Ford leather jacket from Indiana Jones.
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Ah, but we're talking dreamland, where you can drop thousands of dollars for something you have no earthly use for.

Ah. I understand. In that case I would choose...nothing!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd buy Elwood Blues' hat.

But my favorite item on there is the prosthetic Chewbacca teeth.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Beren, I'm right there with you on that jacket. Can you believe it's $40,000??

I also have my eye on that Star Wars soundtrack score. That would be awesome!

The other collections I'd be interested in are the Star Trek, I Love Lucy, and Gone With the Wind. [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my wish list:

1. David Selznick GWTW presentation script
2. Edith Head costume sketches of Natalie Wood
3. Officer's tunic from "The Mole People"
4. Forry Ackerman research/writing archive
5. Prop Blues Brothers poster from the original film
6. William Hurt law school diploma from "Body Heat"
7. Janis Joplin Big Brother + Holding Company signed album
8. Red Skelton hobo tophat from The Red Skelton Show
9. Helen Keller signature

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NinjaBirdman
Member # 7114

- posted      Profile for NinjaBirdman   Email NinjaBirdman         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, there's some really cool things on there. Nothing I would spend that kind of money for, but that is some really cool stuff.
Posts: 204 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
That jacket would definitely inspire me to lose a few pounds. [Smile]

If you get the jacket, though, you gotta get the hat. Is that for sale?

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
There is nothing there that I can't live without.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a hard time understanding the drive to own stuff like that, apart from the pure monetary value that it might accrue.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
anything having to do with the Blues Brothers...
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Get a fried chicken.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm with AFR. There's some of this stuff I might want to look at up close for a few minutes, but I wouldn't want any of it for anything other than investment purposes (and even then, there are probably better investments that could be made with the same amount of money).
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
(Speaking of Star Wars, I watched part of "L'Empire contre-attaque" yesterday (was on TV) and learnt this; you do not need English dialogue for the movie to make perfect sense. [Wink] )
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I guess Skywalker's Lightsaber brought in the highest bid overall.

I will have to check back and see what the other items finally sold for.

Farmgirl

edit: (crap! the Blues Brothers poster I wanted went for $1800!)

(huh -- I wonder why the article posts different prices that what shows at the actual auction site...)

[ August 02, 2005, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Beren One Hand -- the leather jacket you wanted closed at $80,000

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.