FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Sysadmin Appreciation Day

Author Topic: Sysadmin Appreciation Day
Peter Howell
Member # 8072

- posted      Profile for Peter Howell           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd just like to point out that today (the last Friday in July) is system administrator appreciation day. So, today, be extra nice to the sysadmin in your life.
Posts: 70 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble] Wish you people would think in advance for all those not 17 hours ahead. [Wink]
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the heads up. [Smile] I'll make sure I show the sysadmin in my life just how much I appreciate him. [Kiss] --> Fahim [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think anyone in my office knows : [Cry] :
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
*appreciate's Pixiest's sysadmin awesomeness*

Seriously. You guys have one of the hardest jobs out there, as far as I'm concerned. I did it for years and wouldn't go back if I could possibly help it. On the one side, you have your internal clients who think you're their personal miracle-working slave, and on the other side you have management who probably only views you as a sinkhole of cost to the company bottomline, a belief that is reflected in your budget, which often is closer to zero than an actual realistic number.

*toasts sysadmins the world over*

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought sysadmins appreciated themselves so much no one else needed to.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Jeni! =)

Storm: Oh you know us so well.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm....

Sounds like a marketing scheme that Starbucks and Krispy Kreme doughnuts came up with to boost sales for a day. ::eyes Capitalists suspiciously::

I mean, what other way is there to warm a sysadmin's heart? [Smile]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chungwa
Member # 6421

- posted      Profile for Chungwa   Email Chungwa         Edit/Delete Post 
The Sys Admin Song
Posts: 367 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.