FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » More OSC inspired pop...

Author Topic: More OSC inspired pop...
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
That is: two songs -- "The Giant's Drink" and "Speaker for the Dead" -- by the band Gatsby's American Dream. The songs are on the band's Pompeii-insipred album "Volcano."

As a mager FSFitz fan, I like the idea of the nambe but find it a little too obvious. How about -- Gatsby's Shirts or Rotten Crowd or Smashing Rich or Eckleburg's Eyes or Myrtle's Puppy or Valley of Ashes or Owl Eyes or The Light on the Dock or Bad Drivers or Wilson's Gun?

More linkage: Offical band site
Lyrics (warning: offensive language)

[ July 29, 2005, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Zalmoxis ]

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
>_<

Language warning, please.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Done. Sorry about that.

EDIT: I should add that I don't find the lyrics for the album to be particularly impressive -- although the concept is solid and a few phrases and images are quite good.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.