FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Road Trip Plan

Author Topic: My Road Trip Plan
Chungwa
Member # 6421

- posted      Profile for Chungwa   Email Chungwa         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. I'm planning a road trip from Calgary, AB to Springfield, IL. I'll be leaving on the 15th of August and should arrive the morning/early afternoon of the 19th.

Here's my tentative (I'm sure I didn't spell that correctly!) plan:

Calgary, AB - Great Falls, MT 320 miles 5.5h
Great Falls, MT - Buffalo, WY 384 miles 6.5h
Buffalo, WY - Sioux Falls, SD 554 miles 9h
Sioux Falls, SD - Madison, WI 436 miles 7h
Madison, WI - Springfield, IL 272 miles 4.5h

Obviously the time for travel is estimated. I plan to go around 55 - 65 mph (I'll be driving an old car) and I'm sure that with stopping now and then, the time will be a little longer.

Does this plan seem like a good one? I ruled out travelling directly east from Calgary over to Winnipeg because of the price of gas here in Canada.

[ July 30, 2005, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: Chungwa ]

Posts: 367 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chungwa
Member # 6421

Oh, also, I plan on spending a night in Madison in a hotel (I figure I should meet my new roomates after I've had a shower). The other nights I figure I'll just pull into a truck stop and sleep in the car.
Posts: 367 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
So you're driving through Montana...And Wyoming...AND South Dakota???

Okay, my only advice is not to bring anything that you could hurt yourself with. If you feel the need to cross over the median and drive into oncoming traffic, do your best to overcome that urge, please [Smile]

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chungwa
Member # 6421

Well, I actually enjoy Montana and *some* of South Dakota.

I plan to get out of Wyoming as past as I can.

To be honest, I find driving through those three states more interesting than driving through most of Illinois.

I'll take wheat over corn any day! Well. Not really.

Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like fun. Be safe!
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.