FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » *So Dave's Going to Visit Utah

Author Topic: *So Dave's Going to Visit Utah
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
While some of you will be galavanting off for EuroCon, I'm making plans to visit Utah from September 28 - October 4.

I've come to have some very good friends who live there, some that I met in school while in Savannah, and another friend I know from Jersey who will actually be moving there in October.

When I stated my intent to visit the friends a while ago, it was suggested that I coincide my visit with the LDS General Conference that would be occuring the weekend of October 1st. I thought that was a wonderful idea, having wanted to attend a live Conference, so the plans were made.

This was before I had a job, or any sort of income whatsoever. It was just a fun idea.

Well, now I have a job, and it looks like I'm going to be able to do it after all.

Looking at the prices through Travelocity, I'll barely be able to afford it.

But this is one of those things I'm going to not only allow myself to do, but require myself to do - to get away for a week from the job hunting/job working atmosphere, get out into the mountains, and spend a little bit of time with some friends who I haven't seen in far, far too long.

It's one of those Keep Dave Sane kind of things.

I've also recently been informed that one of my other best friends has also independantly been thinking about attending General Conference, and when I learned this, it made my resolve to visit even stronger.

So I guess a question is, knowing that we have quite a few LDS members here, is anyone else planning on attending General Conference?

Even for those who may not be, depending on how my in-town friends' schedules are, I may have an extra day or so that could allow me to meet up with some other of the Utah Jatraqueros if that's somethin' that you may be interested in.

Just thought I'd let you know!

Oh, and if anyone has any mad connections or tips on how I could lower the airfare even more, I'd appreciate that too [Wink]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Fly as cargo.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

Ooh.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you paying more than $250 for the round trip? I found $242 round trip from Newark to SLC on hotwire...:shrug: Have fun at General Conference though. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

I'm coming from Atlanta, GA. That's where I live now [Big Grin]
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Check out the lowest price on Travelocity, and then go to Priceline and bid for $100 lower than that. Really. The best way to go.

It's non-refundable and that can suck, but it's the best way to go.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
If you wanna try your luck, I hear tickets get cheaper the closer you get to the day of departure.

Try Southwest or Jet Blue.

I'm hoping to go to Conference again (I went in April--it was great!). Maybe I'll see you amid the huge mass. [Smile]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

quote:
Originally posted by Annie:
Check out the lowest price on Travelocity, and then go to Priceline and bid for $100 lower than that. Really. The best way to go.

It's non-refundable and that can suck, but it's the best way to go.

Hmm. Not bad. The total price quote I got was $167 from doing that. I may end up going with this - I won't be in a position to actually buy the ticket for another week or so, though.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Someone's got to say it:

Should we have a Taal-Con when Dave arrives?

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
HA! [Big Grin]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

*grins*
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh hey, I saw this when I was looking up the Hey Utah Jatraqueros thread.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.