FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My wife is due to deliver...IT'S A GIRL!!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My wife is due to deliver...IT'S A GIRL!!!
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
And I am very nervous.

We are naming her Callista Skye, and I am ready to leap out of my skin with nervousness. Please take the collective intelligence and goodwill of Hatrack and send a little towards my general direction...

[ August 04, 2005, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Alucard... ]

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, good luck!

I pray for her to be a healthy baby, and for the delivery to be easy and quick (just like FedEx).

Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes for a problem free delivery and a happy,healthy baby. [Hat]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations and good luck with the delivery! All my prayers and thoughts for a happy and healthy Momma and Baby!
Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck!
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rubble
Member # 6454

- posted      Profile for rubble           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations and good luck. I'm not familiar with the name "Callista" but is sounds pretty. However, I am familiar with the Isle of Skye. I think that is a lovely choice of names!

I'll take the time to remember your labors tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

Posts: 270 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh Callista Skye is a beautiful name.

"due to deliver" - is labor being induced or is today simply the date that the doctors say that she's anticipated to arrive? Either way, you've got lots of happy thoughts and welcoming wishes coming from here.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
~~~~~Alucard~~~~~
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!! That's so exciting! Here's to an easy labor and a beautiful beginning to a new life. [The Wave]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope it all went very well, Alucard! Post here and let us know!

And Congratulations!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

- posted      Profile for CT           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, wondrous! She is beautiful and wise and brilliant. (I can tell -- I've been trained to assess these sorts of things. [Wink] ) Hope you and Mrs Alucard are well, too.
Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Strong welcoming thoughts are being sent her way, Alucard!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, do you have pictures yet?
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I missed this before. Here's hoping everything went well and all are healthy and happy. [Smile]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well, do you have pictures yet?
I wonder if ...dracula babies have photographic images. Maybe that's something they grow out of as they become teenagers. :wink:
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Alucard! I'm sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. I hope that mother and baby had an easy delivery and are resting blissfully.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Where is he, and where are our pics?!?!?!

Geez, it's not like he had anything better to do rihgt now.... [Wink]

Good luck, guys!

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
Congradulations Alucard! Here's hoping that the birthing of your child was easy, that she has all of her limbs and fingers and toes....and that you do as well.
Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

STILL no baby pics??? [pout]
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!! [Party] A quiet one so we don't wake the baby.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Callista Skye, what a beautiful name! I hope you have a healthy, happy baby, and that Mrs. Alucard is healthy and has an easy delivery. [Smile]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I'm beginning to get nervous that we haven't heard back from Alucard..
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
He's too tired staying up all night with a newborn, probably. [Wink]

But yeah, I've been keeping an eye on this thread also hoping for news.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo!!!!!!!! Best of luck to you and yours!!!!
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miriya
Member # 7822

- posted      Profile for Miriya   Email Miriya         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! Here's hoping everything went well!
Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
OK. Where to start? The beginning, I guess.

My wife was due July 31st. She had gone to the doctor a few weeks ago and was dilated 2cm. He explained that usually he would expect her to deliver within a week, tops. That would have been July 25th, a week earlier than her projected due date. Her ultrasound also indicated the baby was at least 7 lbs and that she was about 2 days ahead of her due date.

So basically, we expected a baby anywhere between the 25th and the 29th...and nothing happened. Until the 31st at about 2:20 in the morning.

She awoke suddenly and told me that this was it. While she was using the bathroom and getting dressed, I woke our 9-year-old son and he and I got ready as well. I called the answering service and told them we were on our way, that contractions were 5 minutes apart, and that we were 30 minutes out from the hospital. By the time we got the car loaded and my wife got dressed, contractions were 4 minutes apart

(tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick...)

I fired up the car and off we were at precisely 2:53AM. I ran every red light in town (after stopping at each of them and looking both ways, then running them), and at one point, my wife said, "Just put the high beams on and GO!!!!".

I did.

We were going about 75MPH and were getting very close. As we arrived, I dropped off my wife at the emergency entrance and my son and I parked the car as a security guard rolled up a wheelchair and loaded her. Her water broke down the hall, and the poor guard was pushing her so slowly that my son and I caught up with him.

They got her in a room, had her change, and rushed to put an IV in. They started a bag of saline and a penicillin piggyback. Neither of them had much of a chance to get into her, even though they were running wide open. She was in severe pain, at least 6cm dilated, and asked for an epidural. We found out afterward that labwork has to be drawn and examined prior to an epidural, but she received an IV injection of Stadol, which is like morphine.

Less than 10 minutes later, she screamed to the doctor that the baby was coming. She was beginning to panic, and told everyone that things were getting out of control. At that point, the doctor and the nurse grabbed her and told her to breathe. She screamed back that this baby was coming RIGHT NOW!!!

And it did. No pushing, no breathing, no nothing. I simply stood there with my hand in my wifes' white-knucked hand, and the baby just came. Just like that.

It was a miracle. Even after seeing this twice before, there was nothing short of miraculous about the way this one entered the world.

Then I watched as my poor wife nearly slid into shock from the pain, excitement, stress, and all the other things her mind and body were going through. But she stayed awake, and she recovered beautifully.

She delivered at 3:51AM, just shy of an hour before we left our garage. Take into account the 25-minute drive time and you can imagine the chaos and panic that ensued.

Callista Skye was 8 lbs, 0 oz and 21 inches long. She had the most striking dark brown hair on here head. Just enough to look stylish. Everyone remarked at how clear her skin looked and how beautiful she was.

I got them both home on Tuesday, and we are all nearly settled in. Everyone is healthy and happy, and we feel that we are blessed and maybe a bit lucky as well. Things could have gone much, much worse.

Lastly, I apologize for all the drama and late response, but I have been whooped. I thank you all and believe that the good that Hatrack was hoping and praying for really did help.

Thanks again, and expect many late-night posts as myself and my new computer buddy stay up all night together.

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
Lastly, I apologize for all the drama and late response, but I have been whooped. I thank you all and believe that the good that Hatrack was hoping and praying for really did help.
No need to apologize - we understand. As long as you get the pictures up. Now. [Wink]

Glad things went well. Hope mom and baby are getting lots of rest and doing well.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

Not to sound dimwitted, but do I email the pic to the moderator of Foobonic? And who is moderating, if I am correct in my assumption, Dag???
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I have no idea - I never used foobonic. I doubt it will take long for someone to fill you in, though.
Alucard...
Member # 4924

Then in that case, I have pics, and I am not afraid to use them...
Miriya
Member # 7822

- posted      Profile for Miriya   Email Miriya         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave] Congratulations! I'm so happy that you're all home and healthy!
Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Wishing you all well, Alucard . . . I actually got tears in my eyes as I read of Callista Skye's arrival!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

(Me too.)

Thank you all!

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Oh dear, I teared up, too. And I don't even like babies. [Wink]

ludosti handles foobonic. I believe you email hatrack at foobonic dot com. [Smile]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to you and your wife on youre new baby girl!! Sounds like quite an adventure. [Smile]

Oh - I'm the Hatrack mod for foobonic, so you can email me the pictures (or send them to hatrack at foobonic dot com) and I can put them up (the server's been acting strangely lately, so they may not be put up immediately, but I will get them up as soon as I possibly can). [Smile]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwww ....

... yayayayay!

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Yay!

Congrats to Alucard, mother and baby!

(yes, this deliver sounds just like my second child's delivery -- including the 80 mph, flashers on and everything. At the hospital at 7:50, born at 8:05). Actually that usually makes for a pretty good recovery -- you aren't so exhausted.

(I think it is hatrack AT foobonic.com)

Can't wait to see the pics!

Farmgirl

Alucard...
Member # 4924

Ludosti,

I will send a couple of pics to hatrack@fooboonic.com right now...

No hurry on posting them. But please let me know when you have them up and a link would be greatly appreciated!

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Woo-Hoo! Congratulations!
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
What a marvelous story! Congrats to you all! [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

The server cooperated (mostly) with me, so you can all see the beautiful Callista!
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Oh she is going to be a heartbreaker!!! Indy looks thrilled... NOT! Congrats to everyone and welcome to the world, little missy
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Love and happiness to y'all!
[The Wave]

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

Truth be told, the kids were watching TV while the photo was taken. That explains the blank looks. On the close-up of Callista, you can still see the optic boogey gunk on her right eye if you look hard...
Alucard...
Member # 4924

Where are my manners? Ludosti, a very appreciative thank you for taking the time to post our family in the Hatrack album!
ludosti
Member # 1772

Not a problem. I'm glad I was able to help! [Smile]
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!! She's a darling. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, wow she's beautiful. [Smile]

Congratulations to all the Alucard family!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

Oddly enough, she does sleep all day and thirsts for nourishment all night...
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.