FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bean Counter Retirement!

Author Topic: Bean Counter Retirement!
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
Something more sinister than all the hostility and cold shouldering has occured that puts me in a hard position.

While I have not forgotten my synopsis of the Koran as promised I have been on a semi POG detail that keeps me busy for 14 hours a day and leaves me little energy left for anything but a brief check of my e-mail and my workout. But while late I will deliver.

Therefore it is with great frustration that I log on over and over and find that my persona is the only character generating interesting dialogue on the whole board. I page through piles of chaff looking for wheat and then it is my portion that seems to be keeping the masses alive.

What I am saying is that the general dullness is doing what no amount of posturing could, making me consider cutting Hatrack from my "Things to do list"

I am sure my posts can be located and my e-mail tapped for those curious about how things are over here. I am certaily willing to answer all direct mail.

However I will confine my posts to comments on the Board for OSC's Essays.

I wish I could have carried you guys longer but other duties call.

BC

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
But....what would we do without you? [Angst]
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen it and it is not pretty!

BC

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I totally understand what BC is saying here. I mean, my own posts are the only ones that interest me, too. But I just thought that was because I'm a self-centered narcissist.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

See I'm on the other side of the fence, I understand what he's saying because I think that all my posts are really trite and pointles, and that the only truly thought provoking posts are by he that is known as Bean Counter.

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

- posted      Profile for Heffaji   Email Heffaji         Edit/Delete Post 
Could this be another attempt at generating what is suppossed to be "interesting dialogue"? I never knew that only heated discussion fell under interesting conversation.
Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
This is either one of the most brilliant pieces of self-parody ever or one of the most self-deceptive and self-absorbed posts I've ever read.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Boy:
This is either one of the most brilliant pieces of self-parody ever or one of the most self-deceptive and self-absorbed posts I've ever read.

Could it be both? Let's watch on.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

*pops popcorn*
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
However I will confine my posts to comments on the Board for OSC's Essays.
Would it be churlish to applaud in this context?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about churlish, Dag, but certainly you're not alone; I had to restrain myself from posting, "Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out!"

Oh, and obviously, I didn't succeed.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goo Boy
Member # 7752

- posted      Profile for Goo Boy   Email Goo Boy         Edit/Delete Post 
Promises, promises.
Posts: 289 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
OH MY GOD!

You are SUCH a SWEETHEART!

I'm your #1 fan!

((((Bean Counter)))))

There was once a Counter called Bean.
He was really groovy and keen.
His posts are so neat,
Through the chaff he finds wheat,
And everyone else is just mean.

I love you,
You love me,
Let's hope you don't have HIV!

Since you're soo cool, and not BORING like the rest of the big fat lying tricksy Hatrackerses (get it? get it? I'm gollum! HEHEHE that's so funny OMG) - there are so many questions I want to ask you!!!

What's your favorite color?

Have you ever been to anywhere EXOTIC? Like, um.... what was it? Irak? Iruk? Ah, yes, New Jersey! Whew, that name just gives me the collywobbles.

You wanna know who dies in HBP? Nah I'm not gonna tell that it's Harry Potter! Dang it, that just slipped my mouth!

Are you going to play Ender?

Geez, Gilligan is starting now, so I guess I'm gonna leave you now...

Love,
Beanny

P.S Isn't it cool that we have almost identical names? Hang on... WE'RE TWINS! OMG that's just like Mary-Kate and Ashley! We're gonna be millionaires!

EDIT: I just came back from watching the show, and BOY did those people CHANGE. I mean, I never knew Gilligan had such huge white teddy bears. And where's the intro song??? I think they've written that it's "lost", but I dunno, how can you LOSE something like that? I bet you'd know what to do, Bean Counter.

[ August 01, 2005, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Beanny ]

Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

That post made me laugh out loud. Quietly, though. I am at work, after all.
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
well now that your ingoring us, you'll be able to answer that age old question,

How many beans can a bean counter count? that is if a bean counter could count beans?

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't go away bored, just go away.

What a boring, self-indulgent wanker of a thread.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, you guys! You crack me up!

And, just so you won't worry about me jumping on that bandwagon, I'm not going anywhere. Mostly because I love you all, and I just KNOW that you'd be lost without me. I am just the wittiest, nicest, most adorable hatracker there is. And I would never deprive my loyal groupies of my presence.

Because I care.

(Not like SOME of us, BC.}

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I love benevolent idols [Smile]
Beanny
Member # 7109

I love this thread.
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I almost didn't come read this one... I'm glad to see that the voices of reason saved me from disappointment =)
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Promises, promises.
I would start a pool to guess when he will break that promise...

But I just don't care. [Big Grin]

As a matter of fact that pretty much sums up my entire attitude about him, from day one.

Remember how he claimed I MUST care because I spent so much time refuting him? I loved being able to tell him that making him look like an idiot was no harder than holding up a looking glass...and took very little time at all.

Then he goes and post a thread like this, proving that if I am not around to hold up the mirror for him, he will do it for himself.Talk about the nerve.... [Wink]

Good luck, stay safe....and most of all stay gone. [Razz]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I wonder if DPM (or whatever that was again...) will mysteriously start posting again?

Who would have guessed?

[Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
BC, you need a blog.

With a blog, you can record all your genius without having to inflict--ummm, I mean waste--your ideas on the rest of us. [Smile]

edited to add: Yes Kwea, I know I have neglected my ogame duties. Go ahead and farm me, I think I won't be able to log on for a while. [Frown]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

lol

Wow, what a suprise....Disgrunteled Postman just made a thread.

lol

Beren, did you change the email addy? I got banned last week because of that (in ogame), but only for about 2 hours. [Razz]

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kwea,

I'm still using forum.posting (at) gmail+dot+com for all my ogame admin stuff. I didn't change anything, I hope you didn't lose any points on my account. [Smile]

If there is an ogame emergency, feel free to email me at bruinlawyer2002 (at) yahoo+dot+com.

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
We'll miss you, BC. Your posts were truly the roses in the manure pile of Hatrack.

(((Hatrack))) [Razz]

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah well, I'll try to cope with the feelings of loss that your absence will generate.

BTW, it appears that one man's boredom can be another man's boon.

[ August 02, 2005, 06:22 AM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
I too am depressed by the loss of our latest resident fighting man.

Intelligent, reasoned and thought provoking was always the way I thought of....

No. Wait... That's BlackFox.

Bean who?

Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

quote:
Originally posted by Troubadour:
I too am depressed by the loss of our latest resident fighting man.

Intelligent, reasoned and thought provoking was always the way I thought of....

No. Wait... That's BlackFox.

Bean who?

[ROFL]

Beren, it sucked, a few peopl;e hae accused me of cheating since then...

So I just raided them into oblivion. Seriously. [Big Grin]

Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Feel like going after a tool in Universe 7?
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are awful. Funny, but awful.

Bye, BC. [Wave] Enjoy whatever it is you decide to fill Hatrack time with, and good luck!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Shani, you know, you shouldn't neglect to get on IM when you're up and on the computer like this [Wink]
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

Raia, you are too nice. And yeah, that's a bad thing. [Razz]
Troubadour
Member # 83

Besides, we all know his alter-egos will remain lurking about. So it's not really goodbye, more like us pretending not to see someone hiding behind a potplant.
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Russell, I had about ten minutes total... I had to get my teeth cleaned! And now I have to go get my muffler replaced, which is why I'm not on AIM again... I'll be back later, probably.

Beanny: It is? [Frown] (P.S. No I'm not!)

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, please don't go!
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.