FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What the hail?

Author Topic: What the hail?
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
It's hailing here, twenty miles southeast of Tucson, Arizona. In the middle of summer. [Eek!]

It's pretty freaky.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Hail is cool. Unless it starts hurting people or doing damage.

And hail only comes in the summer, sleet in the winter.

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
The gang's all here!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
I've only ever seen hail here in late winter/early spring (February or March, usually). Well, actually, now that I think about it I might have seen hail once in the summer a few years ago. Hard to remember, it all blurs together.

On a side note, the silly dog was just lying out in it. He has a house, he just wasn't in it. The goats were smart enough to go inside.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I've known hail to be an accompaniment to heavy thunderstorms. And those are a summertime meteorological phenomenon.

At least in my neck of the woods. Maybe you get different weather where you are from.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd probably have the same weather as you Tante, so yea it might be different in Arizona where you wouldn't expect to see sleet.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.