FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Florida Countdown....be there Aug 18th! Planning on moving for real too...

Author Topic: Florida Countdown....be there Aug 18th! Planning on moving for real too...
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, JenniK and I am coming to FL, to the Orlando area, from Aug 18th to Aug 22nd. The 18th and 19th will be meeting times for dinner and what not...my best friend is a manager for Appleby's in the Orlando area, so I will be meeting him there on the 18th, I think. Anyone want to meet up with us?

For those of you who don't know. JenniK has an audition for the Voices of Liberty, an a capella singing group based in the American Pavilion at EPCOT. Jenni has loved them for years, even while she worked down there tears ago, and it is her dream to sing with them. I told her to go to a tryout and give it a try...even if she doesn't get the gig, it will be an experience she will never forget. Also, we are visiting the casting castle while we are there, and putting in for just about any job there we can get.

We are serious about moving. My parents are retiring at the end of Aug, and moving away. All that is left is my sister's family, and Jenni's family, and while we love them it is time for us to do what we really want to do.

Move.

I have a ton of experience in fine dining, so I hope to land a decent job doing that, or perhaps a mortgage company position, although that probably won't happen...I simply don't have enough experience to land that right away...

I want to meet up with people, but we are going to be doing Disney/EPCOT for two of those days. Anyone who wants to can join us...and Charlotte, my MIL, who is going with us. (I invited her, she is cool...no horror stories about MY MIL here... [Wink] )

We fly in on Thursday the 18th, in the morning, and fly out on Monday the 22nd in the late afternoon.

[ August 03, 2005, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starr R
Member # 8361

- posted      Profile for Starr R   Email Starr R         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I know I'm too new here to be posting in this thread that talks about meeting, really, but I had to say hi, anyway.
I just saw in another thread that you were from MA, and I grew up there--and I live in FL now, about a 90-minute drive from Orlando. (Beware--it's incredibly hot here right now! In the high 90s and terribly humid, every day.)

Anyway, my sister & I moved here in our 20s, and we were planning on working in the hospitality area, in Orlando, too. So, there were too many similarities for me to pass by without replying to your thread. Hope you don't mind!

Best of everything with your move.

Starr

Posts: 68 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
allthatwhichis
Member # 8120

- posted      Profile for allthatwhichis   Email allthatwhichis         Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings,

From a FL resident's point of view, yes it is hot, and rainy. Hope you like both, a lot. There are many fine dining establishments around, especially with the attractions around.

Good luck, don't forget the plywood, batteries, and generator...

allthat...

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you find out which Applebee's it is? Living in the land of the chain restaurant, there's never just one of anything.

Here's just a few of the fine dining establishments that will be lucky to get a guy like you, Rob.

Italian
Continental
Seafood

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hmm216
Member # 8403

- posted      Profile for Hmm216   Email Hmm216         Edit/Delete Post 
Kwea,

Looking for a job at Disney?? You will have no problem getting hired...I just got a job there. I think they are on a hiring spree! Good Luck!

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Yeah, I prefer fine dining, although to be honest I would take anything that pays well at this point. I am ntoa huge fan of heat, but Jenni (my wife) is ALWAYS cold, so I am willing to give it a try.

I will miss the seasons, I know that already, but my parents will be living in MI and AZ, so we will take plenty of trips.

zgator, I will find out which one tonight, and let you know. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Ok, just spoke to Kev, and he said he works at the one in Maitland, right outside of Orlando.
allthatwhichis
Member # 8120

- posted      Profile for allthatwhichis   Email allthatwhichis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
Ok, just spoke to Kev, and he said he works at the one in Maitland, right outside of Orlando.

wow, that is less than 2 miles from where I work... It's on the north side of Orlando though. Kind of a pain to get to the Disney area. Be forewarned, people grow to hate I4.

Good luck,

allthat...

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hmm216
Member # 8403

- posted      Profile for Hmm216   Email Hmm216         Edit/Delete Post 
allthatwhichis,

I think its an instant feeling of hate for I4...no need for growth!

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
<--is working towards making I-4 a little bit better.

Make sure you thank Rep. Mica for delaying those improvements for a few more years.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I already hate it, I have been to FL...just not for years. My best friend got rid of his motorcycle becaue people drive so poorly down there, and because I4 is so darn bad. [Big Grin]

I don't care how much of a pain it is to fet there, my best friend from up here in MA works there, so that is where I will be eating the first night, providing he is working. He said his schedual changed week to week, so I have to calll and find out about a week in advance if he is free. If he is working then I will be eating there. [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.