FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » This guy should hang

Author Topic: This guy should hang
Crotalus
Member # 7339

- posted      Profile for Crotalus   Email Crotalus         Edit/Delete Post 
And I volunteer to throw the lever. no excuse

Apparently the dude and the guy he murdered had an altercation while in traffic. The dude went and dropped his wife off then returned and shot the guy four times in the head as he was getting his baby out of the car. several witnesses. the guy is on medication for depression, but I don't care. People need to be held accountable for their actions and I hope this guy gets what he deserves.

Posts: 232 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you normally "throw the lever" when hanging someone?

Guess I don't really remember how a gallows works.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
People need to be held accountable for their actions and I hope this guy gets what he deserves.
Apparently the guy in the article felt just the same way about that other driver...
Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
The kinder gallows have a trap door in the floor that falls out causing the victim to break his neck.

The crueler ones just let the person suffocate.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tresopax:
quote:
People need to be held accountable for their actions and I hope this guy gets what he deserves.
Apparently the guy in the article felt just the same way about that other driver...
I'm trying to think of a more horrific response to that.

It's not coming.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Well yeah, but do you pull a lever to make the gallows drop? I suppose that would make sense...
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

You wouldn't have to do it with a lever, although you could.

The easy way would be to have a piece of wood holding up the trap door, and then use a big hammer to knock it out.

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
They use to, but sometimes the lever would stick, so a lot of communities just used the peice of wood.

Usually if it was a large gallows for multiple executions they had a lever.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crotalus
Member # 7339

- posted      Profile for Crotalus   Email Crotalus         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys just slay me (no pun intended). I was a bit ticked when I posted this, and instead of addressing the senselessness of this guy's actions or any other relevant point we wander off into a thread of "does a gallows use a lever?". Thanks for making me smile and shake my head.
Posts: 232 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
You all are a bit ghoulish, don't you think?
Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Just got put on two antidepressants? There is one antidepressant than can trigger rage in people who are prone to anger. I bet he just got put on that one. He's still guilty, though. Why did he bother to plead innocence with all those witnesses around?
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I read about this yesterday. They said that he's being charged with first-degree murder before they said exactly what happened. My first thought was, "How in the world can you premeditate road rage?" But then they explained how he came back and shot the guy, and I was pretty horrified. I can't even imagine the thought process behind that.

Theaca: Just because he's guilty of killing the man doesn't mean he's guilty of first-degree murder. They'll probably try to argue down to a lower degree or plea temporary insanity or something, I'd guess.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if these guys are related:
http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=104&sid=550513

Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
There are some really terrible people in the world. [Frown]
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
you have to be a bit ghoulish to deal with news like this and keep your sanity...

gallows humor is very prevalent among emergency personnel and military...

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Offord did not speak in court but said in a jailhouse interview in June: "I figured I killed her so I deserve to die."
Well, he proved his ability to use logic...
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.