FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pacific NW Jatraqueros - Now with pictures! (pg 2) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pacific NW Jatraqueros - Now with pictures! (pg 2)
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Augh! Put me on there too! *sends Scott an email*

Shan, I will do my utmost to be at your place by 11am. [Big Grin] I'll try to get there early enough to help you pack lunch. (And I'll bring my brownies for the gang.)

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Oooohhhh! Goody! Brownies are wonderful! Shall I e-mail directions?
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Yep. Let's do it. I'll try to get to you by 11-11:30 which could get us to Jon/romany...when? 12:30-1:00?

And this is Friday, right? [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

This Friday! I'll work from home until you get to me, we'll zip over to basketball camp and grab up Nathan, and then we'll hit the road. And pray for decent traffic, so we can meet all the folks at the fountain in the Seattle Center for picnic lunch, and then check out the Pacific Science Center, and all other manner of fun thing!

Sound good?

Jon - do you want a sandwhich, too? Tuna fish or PBJ, folks?

Cecily - let me e-mail driving directions when I get home tonight - that way you'll get road signs and freeway exits rather than local yokel landmarks and vague gestures . . . *grin*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

No problem Shan, whenever you have time.

I love PBJ. I'll see what other food I can bring to throw into the picnic mix too. [Smile]

Yay! I can't wait to see you guys!

romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Shan, that sounds awesomeness! Oh, thank you!How about we all meet at the fountain-I will aim to be there about 12:30. I'll bring yummy stuff. My e-mail is cymoril3 at yahoo.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, Shan! Tuna fish would be great! And I'll bring some fruit and some soy milk (because it doesn't need refrigeration 'til you open it).

Romany, I'm guessing that with lunchtime traffic, picking Nathan up and parking we can expect to see them more about 1 or 1:30. I just don't want you to sit around waiting for longer than you have to. If you have a cellphone, it might be a good idea to exchange numbers with them. [Smile]

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Shan, e-mailed you my cel #!
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Good thinking, Jon - and tuna fish it is! Got your cel# romany! Between 1-1:30 at the fountain! Yay! Summer fun! I'm so excited. Cecily - I'm e-mailing directions right now. However, I have not joined modern day society and don't have a cel# so if you do, would you be okay with sharing with romany?
Narnia
Member # 1071

Sure. I've got Jon's (if it's still the same) and I'll send romany mine. [Smile]

WOOT!! I'm excited to see you guys!

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
So any word from Scott on tomorrow night?
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

Got it, cecily! I'll bring lots of peanut butter crackers and some toys for all.
Narnia
Member # 1071

I haven't heard anything from Scott, poor guy. If he sees this, he can email his phone number to me at cecilyjeanne at hotmail dot com. (If he has a phone with him.) Shan and I can check before we leave her house tomorrow morning. In fact, I'll email my number to him right now just in case he can call.

If not, we'll just hope to run into him somehow. [Smile] I can't wait to see you all! [Smile]

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone who emailed me is supposedly going to be put on the list.

Hope you guys can make it!

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

What time Scott? 8pm?

Jeniwren are you gonna be there too? [Smile]

I'm leaving right....now. after somewhat of a late start. (It's about 8:30am) I should be up there by 11:30 still.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Scott R
Member # 567

Yep-- 8pm.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to try to be there. It would be way fun, and I haven't been to the SciFi museum yet.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Narnia, Shan, JNSB-- It was great to meet you guys! Thanks for coming out!
Narnia
Member # 1071

Scott, how was the ceremony? Did you win anything?

We're sorry we couldn't stay, but we didn't think cute Nathan would make it through the whole thing. We're so proud of you though and it was great to meet you! [Big Grin]

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, it was great to meet you, too. Sorry you didn't have more time to hang out! Your writers of the future gathering looked like a huge, fancy deal and I'm glad you got to be part of such a prestigious event!

We waited around but didn't run into jeniwren.

Shan, Nathan, Narnia, and romany: it was great fun to hang out with all of you! Let me know next time you're in Seattle and want to do something! Nathan, you were very entertaining and thanks for putting up with us. romany, your kids are awesome and tons of fun!

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I had a really great time yesterday. I definitely need to hang out in Seattle more often, it's such a cool place. Some of my pictures really stink, but I'm going to put them in the album anyway just for posterity's sake. [Smile]

I arrived at Shan's place at about 11:00am. We made sandwiches for our picnic and headed off to get Nathan from Basketball camp. Shan lives in a lovely little nook just outside of Olympia and it was really neat to see the area.

After that, we headed up to Seattle where we would meet romanylass and her kids at the awesome fountain in the middle of the Seattle Center. We arrived at about 1:30 and soon found romany and her cute (and wet) kids. They were so social and easy to get along with, we had a great time eating lunch and talking. Much fun was had by all.

Soon after, Jon showed up and helped us eat some more food. We watched the four warriors sword fight some more (romany has good pictures of that) and then set off for the Science Center.

Olivia soon discovered that Jon made a good travelling companion, and everyone liked the tidepool.

We eventually made our way into the Butterfly House where we saw several beautiful butterflies. (there are three in that last one, can you find them?)

After that, Jon, Shan and I said goodbye to romany and her kids (with much waving and shouting 'Bye!! Bye! BYE!!!'). We then headed back into the museum for a while. After that, there was dinner, a brief roller coaster ride, and ice cream.

We then set off to find Scott R and eventually met him. He was all dressed up for his awards ceremony and (dang it all) I only got one, really bad picture. (It looks like Jon and Scott are fading into another dimension. Sorry!) But we were glad to see Scott, even though we couldn't stay for the ceremony. [Smile] Just seeing how fancy the event was made us proud to know him. I hope you make it home safe Scott!! We didn't get to see Slash or jeniwren ( [Frown] ), so we hope we didn't miss them.

After that, Shan and I dropped Jon off at his house in the U district and then set off for Olympia. Good girl talk ensued but we went to sleep as soon as we got home. We were tired! This morning was berry tea and then I was off! Shan is a sweet and wonderful hostess and Nathan is a great kid. [Smile]

It was so fun to see all of you...it actually strengthened my resolve to see you more than once a year. [Smile] You definitely won't have to twist my arm too hard to get me back up there again. [Smile]

Here's the whole album of pictures:

http://pics.livejournal.com/narniadear/gallery/0000824d

If you want me to add pictures that you have, go ahead and email them to me. I should probably email these to ludosti so she can get them up on foobonic.

Narnia
Member # 1071

PS The other pictures in the album are of Shigosei and I when we met last week in Portland. [Smile] Her cute parents came along and we had ice cream.
Shan
Member # 4550

What Narnia neglects to say is what a splendid house guest she is . . . she made her bed before she left this morning! Amazing! [Big Grin]

It was delightful reconnecting with Jon and Cecily, and delightful to meet Jenna and her three wonderful children!

Scott - I hope you survived your awards ceremony! It sure looked exciting.

Nathan agreed this morning that he had a good time, particularly playing with Jenna's children and the roller coaster ride with Cecily, and clocking ball throwing speed with Jon. Hands-on science museums are such fun!

We really should get together again soon!

[Smile]

Scott R
Member # 567

It was exciting-- as my flight back to Richmond is delayed, I'll post the details there.

Erm-- that is, I'll post the details of the ceremony, celebrations, etc., on my WotF diary thread.

romanylass
Member # 6306

I had so much fun meeting John, Shan and Cecily. They are all wonderful. John is so patient.... I think he carried Livvie almost the whole time. The boys keep talking about Nathan!

Cecily, those pictures are wonderful! I'll try to get some up later in the week.

Shan
Member # 4550

oh romany . . . (pics?)

And I'm on vacation now until September 12 . . . Pt. Defiance Zoo?

romanylass
Member # 6306

Dur. I'll have to download some.
romanylass
Member # 6306

Oh, and let me look at $$$ re: the zoo.
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
What cute pictures! [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.