FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Currently stuck in your head . . .

Author Topic: Currently stuck in your head . . .
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
A different take on the Currently Listening thread.

For me, that stupid little tune that Sunny made up in the 80's cartoon Gummy Bears in which he extolls the wonders of Gummy Beary juice. It was the episode in which Sunny is kidnapped by ugly giant vulture thingies who take them to their king and make him sing for them in a cage. Man, I hope it gets out of my head soon.

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm wild again, beguiled again, a whimpering, simpering child again. Bewitched, bothered and bewildered am I"

By the way, I know a sure-fire cure for getting stuck tunes unstuck from your head. The only problem is the possibility of a side-effect, which turns out to be incurable.

Sing "The Girl from Ipanema". It drives everything else out of your head. Unfortunately, if it happens to get stuck there, there is no getting rid of it.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Hah! I am safe from Tante's uncure. Basically because I have never heard that song. Let's see....I ticked off a friend of mine the other day for getting "Politics, Religion, and Her" by Sammy Kershaw, stuck in his head.

I never have a song stay stuck in my head for longer than one day. When I do have one stuck in my head it is usually a song by Guns 'N' Roses or AC/DC.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, you've heard it. You just didn't know what it was called. It's played a lot at weddings for the old folk dancing, overhead in the supermarket when you are grocery shopping, and while you are waiting on hold on the phone. Composed by the Devil Himself.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
By the way, I know a sure-fire cure for getting stuck tunes unstuck from your head. The only problem is the possibility of a side-effect, which turns out to be incurable.

Sing "The Girl from Ipanema". It drives everything else out of your head. Unfortunately, if it happens to get stuck there, there is no getting rid of it.

Uh, you do know, don't you, that the cure shouldn't be worse than the disease, right?

Of course, if it was the theme to "Love Story" that was stuck in my head, it would be a really tough choice. [Wink]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"Who lives in a pinaeapple under a treeeeeeee?"
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I love Diane Krall's version of "The Girl From Ipanema."

Currently I have Sting stuck in my head (These are the soul cages ... these are the soul cages ...), but I like him there. [Smile]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
"Our House" by CSNY. It was in a dream I was having when my alarm clock woke me up twenty minutes ago. With a lovely flute solo added by . . . um . . . the Three Blind Mice from Shrek.

And I like "The Girl From Ipanema". [Razz]

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, you've heard it. You just didn't know what it was called. It's played a lot at weddings for the old folk dancing, overhead in the supermarket when you are grocery shopping, and while you are waiting on hold on the phone. Composed by the Devil Himself.
We went with something along those lines in a halftime show a few years ago. (Link is just script and links to some pictures, no danger of hearing the song.)
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
The backpack song from Dora the Explorer. Ugh!
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LordKaosnix
Member # 8458

- posted      Profile for LordKaosnix           Edit/Delete Post 
I hate the vocal stylings of Rascal Flatts most of all (even above Greenday's Lyrics).

So much the worse it is when one of his songs plays on the radio before I can hit the dial. Instently it sticks in my head.

Man's voice makes me think some one's drilling for oil in my head.

I recomend a mixture of Stale Black Tea and
Dr Pepper; good for headaches and hangovers.

Posts: 63 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gryphonesse
Member # 6651

- posted      Profile for Gryphonesse   Email Gryphonesse         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:

I think what you're talking about is the Chicken Dance...

Dangit. There it goes... waddle waddle quack quack

shoot me now

Posts: 262 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And I like "The Girl From Ipanema".
Well, Verily, if it ever gets stuck in my head, then maybe I can figure out a way to give it to you - beats resorting to something like chewing my left arm off at the elbow. [Wink]
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Howell
Member # 8072

- posted      Profile for Peter Howell           Edit/Delete Post 
monorail.... Monorail.... MONORAIL.... mono-D'Oh
Posts: 70 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Man, because of this thread I've had the Girl from Ipanema going in and out of my head all day along with a few other songs.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
VAST's Pretty When You Cry is now stuck in my head, thanks to my stupid brother posting it in the stupid breakup songs thread. *grump* Of course, he also gave it to me in the first place, so it's even more his fault.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
well, I WAS stuck on Steve Martin until Gryph mentioned the Chicken Dance... I don't know which is worse.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Theres a baby panda stuck in my head. It's rather annoying.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ambyr
Member # 7616

- posted      Profile for ambyr           Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds painful, Hamson.

Right now I'm stuck with "Alternative Girlfriend" by Barenaked Ladies. "We're old at being young/Young at being old". . . .

Posts: 650 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by kojabu:
Man, because of this thread I've had the Girl from Ipanema going in and out of my head all day along with a few other songs.

Never, NEVER intentionally put "The Girl from Ipanema" in your head unless you are trying to exorcise a more virulant musical strain. Like, say, "Space Oddity"

Ground control to Major Tom. Ground control to Major Tom...

plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
"Once More with Feeling" -- the Buffy musical soundtrack [Smile]
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.