FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I am Clark Kent

Author Topic: I am Clark Kent
not hansenj
Member # 8066

- posted      Profile for not hansenj   Email not hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
...and by that I mean that I am currently my own alter ego. My eye doctor ordered me to give my eyes a one week break from contacts, and in my efforts to distract myself from how much I loathe the feeling of glasses hanging out on my face, I found that I act different when I am wearing my glasses. It sort of polarizes me, as in either I look and feel super cute or super dumpy. It culminated when my mom asked me if I feel sick today, saying that I look like I feel unwell [Grumble] . Does this alternate personality phenomenon happen to anyone else?
Posts: 30 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
For me it's clothing. Actually, certain specific outfits. And I recognized the change in myself fairly early on, before anyone else commented on it.

I have one pantsuit that when I first got it made me feel particularly hawt, even though I had nobody to feel hawt for. Hawt and powerful and more in control of myself. I don't fit it at the moment, so it's sitting in the back of my closet taunting me.

Other outfits generate different reactions, some of them honestly negative. Why don't I get rid of those outfits? Because they're my grungy clothes that are sometimes the only things motivating me to get off my butt and onto the exercise bike.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
And I'm Lois Lane.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I've never noticed myself acting different when I'm wearing glases or when I'm wearing contacts.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Try both at once, see where that gets you.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
not hansenj
Member # 8066

- posted      Profile for not hansenj   Email not hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I have actually tried that.... [Eek!]
Posts: 30 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to make me think you were posting something about Tom Welling, Emily... [Grumble]
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Furious: He takes the glasses OFF!
The Shoveler: That's ridiculus. He couldn't see.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the PMS Avenger, I only work 3 days a month. Do you have a problem with that?
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Just to help this thread go where I wanted it to go... [Wink]

link to something gorgeous

*drools* [Blushing]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't feel much different wearing glasses and not wearing glasses. I get the feeling people TREAT me differently, but I'm not sure about that either. I guess I should do some observation when I remember...
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
link to something gorgeous

What's with the white fangs? Did he escape from a Jack London book?
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, a Superman-Vampire is going to be hard to defeat. I mean, do they even make kryptonite stakes?
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
[/QUOTE]What's with the white fangs? Did he escape from a Jack London book? [/QB][/QUOTE]
[ROFL]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.