FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Favorite movie quote (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favorite movie quote
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"You soaked his UNDERWEAR in MEAT!"

Cheaper by the Dozen(the modern)

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
"You're not the anti-Christ. You're only a malcontent who knows how to spell."

Quills

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
I could just copy this whole page and paste it, but if I have to choose a single quote, it might be:
quote:
I think that when statesmen forsake their own private conscience for the sake of their public duties, they lead their country by a short route to chaos.
Or maybe this one, which I don't think is listed on the previously linked page
quote:
- If we lived in a State where virtue was profitable, common sense would make us good, and greed would make us saintly. And we'd live like animals or angels in the happy land that needs no heroes. But since in fact we see that avarice, anger, envy, pride, sloth, lust and stupidity commonly profit far beyond humility, chastity, fortitude, justice and thought, and have to choose, to be human at all . . . why then perhaps we must stand fast a little-even at the risk of being heroes.
- But in reason! Haven't you done as much as God can reasonably want?
- Well . . . finally . . . it isn't a matter of reason; finally it's a matter of love.

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
"This is what I do, Darlin.....this is what I do" - Mal to River, Serenity
Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryoko
Member # 4947

- posted      Profile for Ryoko   Email Ryoko         Edit/Delete Post 
(3 glass bottles on fingers, clinking ominously)

War-ree-ors..come out to play-ee

The streets are ours suckers...can you dig it?

CAA-AAN you DIIGGG it?

Posts: 194 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
"If you're really in love, then money shouldn't matter."

"Why, thank you, bank robber."

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
"No matter where you go, there you are"
--Buckaroo Banzai, from Buckaroo Banzai through the Eighth Dimension

"Laugh-a while you can, monkey boy!"
--Emilio Lizardo, from Buckaroo Banzai through the Eighth Dimension

"That's the beauty of it, see? It doesn't do anything!"
--Someone or other, from some movie or other

"We're on a mission from God."
--Elwood Blues, from The Blues Brothers

"I hate Illinois Nazis."
--Jake Blues, from The Blues Brothers

"I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
"And we're just the guys to do it."
--Eric "Otter" Stratton and John "Bluto" Blutarsky, from Animal House

"And then... depression set in."
--John Winger, from Stripes

"We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital 'A', huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts."
--John Winger, from Stripes

"Would you mind not shooting at the thermonuclear weapons?"
--Vic Deakins, from Broken Arrow

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiddle_stix
Member # 9941

- posted      Profile for fiddle_stix           Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth Bennet: "Did I just agree to dance with Mr. Darcy?"
Charlotte Lucas: "I dare say you will find him amiable."
Elizabeth Bennet: "It would be most inconvenient since I have sworn to loathe him for all eternity."

-Pride and Prejudice, 2005

Posts: 79 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
"Surely there's something you can do for them."
"I'm doing all I can, and quit calling me Shirley."

Airplane.

"We have to get these sick people to the hospital."

"The Hospital? What is it?"

"Its a big building with patients, but that's not important now."

Airplane.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
[shrug] "No ticket."

- Silent Bob

Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reshpeckobiggle
Member # 8947

- posted      Profile for Reshpeckobiggle   Email Reshpeckobiggle         Edit/Delete Post 
"We trained Wimp-lo wrong on purpose...as a joke!"

Master Wang, Kung-Pow: Enter the Fist

Posts: 1286 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reshpeckobiggle
Member # 8947

- posted      Profile for Reshpeckobiggle   Email Reshpeckobiggle         Edit/Delete Post 
And not from a movie, but one of my absolute favorites:

"Well, you know what they say: You are what you eat. And you obviously ate a big fat guy, didn't you?"

-Dr. Cox, Scrubs

Posts: 1286 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

- posted      Profile for Ecthalion   Email Ecthalion         Edit/Delete Post 
"Impressive....... Most impressive"-Darth vader-Empire

V-"Who? Who is but the form, following the function of what, and what i am is a man in a mask"
Eve-"Well i can see that"
V-"Of course you can, we are not commenting on your powers of observation, merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man "who" he is"-V for vendetta

"Cry havoc!! And unleash the dogs of war!!" Chang-undiscovered country

"Mr. Anderson. Welcom back. We missed you"-Mr. Smith-the matrix

"And then i sent him on that outragious crusade, ah-ha!" Prince john-Robin hood

"T'was the Drink that killed him"
"Oh, i'm sorry, he was an alcoholic?"
"No, he was hit by a Heinekin Truck"-Mrs Doubtfire

Posts: 467 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Ecthalion: I was reading through to see if anyone would quote this movie. How could you only quote the first part of that conversation?

V: But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona.
V: Voilą! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
Evey Hammond: Are you like a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

- posted      Profile for Ecthalion   Email Ecthalion         Edit/Delete Post 
actually i was going to put the rest, i just figured it woulda been bothersom for people to read.....
Posts: 467 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think people pay much attention to my posts anyway, haha. I got your back.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
"Clearly you've never been to Singapore"

- Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.