FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Last "Last Post Thread" Thread

Author Topic: The Last "Last Post Thread" Thread
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going global!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
You are an idiot. [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I?
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Jonathan, you're back? We'll have to stop talking about you behind your back.

<whistles innocently>

And, I must say, you look like some kind of Johnny-come-lately with your "me-too" version of the Last Post. We are not amused

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

This is the Last Thread, not the Last Post.
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

*Bump*!

Haha! [Evil Laugh]

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I find this highly immature and stupid. But I don't understand why JH can't entertain himself.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno. He's not entertaining to anyone else, either. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I dunno. I think it's rather clever, really. He's taken it up one level. Now instead of wanting the last post, people will be vying to start the last last post thread thread. I can see it now, the whole first five pages being last last post thread threads. [Wink]

What would be tne next level after that? Trying for the last last last post thread thread forum? That may take a software modification for ubb, but it would be so worth it! Then it should totally be recursive and allow infinite levels of last last last post thread forums. This is reminiscent of Zeno's paradox that shows that motion unexists, or of Lewis Carroll's logical paradox that shows that logic unexists.

I think the logical conclusion of the entire last post hierarchy would be that posting unexists. Then we'd all pop into a black hole and it would be the end of everything, or maybe we would all have acheieved the state of satori or nirvana or enlightenment or something.

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

It's 1:30 in the morning, I'm awaiting an apocalypse, I'm annoyed that you, Tante, will beat my Post Count before month's end, and I am expecting three e-mails, none of which seem to come. (Not from you, Tantalach... Yours actually came in.)

I am highly immature and stupid. But I've got nothing better to do now. Tante sleeps 0 hours a day.

How can I possibly entertain myse- NO, SHUT UP, FREUD!

Okay, my jokes are getting horrid. I apologise to Hatrack once more.

JH

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Are you expecting an e-mail from me?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

JH -- Go to sleep. You are increasingly incoherent.

[Sleep] [Sleep] [Sleep] [Sleep] [Sleep] [Sleep] [Sleep] [Sleep]

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Steve - no, not particularly, though you're welcome to send me messags at all times.

Tante - who're you to speak? I don't think you sleep at any time of the week except for the Shiur with the Schluffe Rebbe on Shabbat!

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I'll think about it.....
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Jon, it's different for me. I'm never incoherent. My wit is always sparkling. Unlike some of us who are getting cranky and need a nap.
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tatiana:
Oh, I dunno. I think it's rather clever, really. He's taken it up one level. Now instead of wanting the last post, people will be vying to start the last last post thread thread. I can see it now, the whole first five pages being last last post thread threads. [Wink]

Oh dear heavens I hope not... unless we can get filters at the same time.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I've already made a second one, Tante make a third.
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

quote:
I've already made a second one, Tante make a third.
But you've got to make this a Last Post thread, or it's not the Last "Last Post Thread" Thread... I'd like to thank Tatiana for bringing it into others' minds - I missed her post somehow.

*Bump!*

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Do be do be doo...
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Do be a Do Bee and don't be a Don't Bee.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.