Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » sigh

Author Topic: sigh
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
I am depressed. Nobody is her. Feel very alone. and no idea for tonight. I dislike that. sorry.
Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
You're right. Nobody is HER. She is mine. All mine! Mine I tell you!

[Big Grin]

Sorry you're lonely and depressed. Go outside and see the place. It's a beautiful world. Maybe you'll run into someone lonely.

Wear a funny hat so she'll know it's you.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Well, i would mean here. Maybe it's a type of lapsus ?
Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it's just that you are not a native user of the English language and I shouldn't make fun, even if it did give me the opportunity to get mushy about my wife! [Razz]

Still, my "cure" involves dragging yourself outside and enjoying what you find.

And don't forget the funny hat!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
According to my research, the weather in Paris is quite agreeable. Why not go out for a walk, enjoy the evening. Or you can see a funny movie. Or you can sit and sigh in front of your computer, inviting mockery from Bob. Although I'm not sure how helpful that last suggestion will be.

Currently:
20°
sky: partly cloudy (day)
Partly Cloudy
High: 21°
Low: 14°

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

What is this idea of funny hat ? I have not hat...
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a rather nice fedora.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
All Hatrackers should have hats. That and an internet connection. And, oh yeah, a rack for their hats.

I've got lots of hats.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Arg !!! I've not hat !!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh !!!!!
[Angst]

How can i stay on hatrack ???

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you can start by not stretching the forum... [Wink]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

oups... [Big Grin]

Finally, i'll go out to a famous caveau jazz.
I feel a bit better.

Sister Annie
Member # 8480

- posted      Profile for Sister Annie   Email Sister Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, jazz always helps. [Cool]
There was a place I went dancing once on Ile St. Louis that had live jazz and swing dancing and was in a cave. It was pretty great.

Posts: 67 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Hats for sale! Hats for sale!

Go buy yourself a black beret. All Americans picture Frenchmen walking around wearing black berets.

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Possibly the best advice for meeting people ever.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

[Big Grin]

Choobak, jazz and hats are like escargot and garlic -- made for each other and oh so tasty!

I like the beret idea, although perhaps a red one would be best for today's mood.

I think a red beret and an unlit Galloise dangling from the lower lip will complete the scene.

Bon temps.

Isn't it called "le jazz?" Nous voulons ecouter le jazz! Tres bien!

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww. (((((Choobak))))) Go party with your friends. [Smile] You'll be ok!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with you, Choobak! Send me an e-mail if you feel lonely, or wait for me to send you one as soon as I've got my hands on to it.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

It was the good idea !!! (no, not the berret)
I loved this caveau ! The musician are very very good. And there are one or two from USA.
Oh yeah !
This was a blues jam session pretty good. I took pictures. I'll put on my blog to night with a french comment.

*edit* : Thanks Jon ! And ((((Raia)))). You're my favorite [Wink]

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sorry you're lonely and depressed. Go outside and see the place. It's a beautiful world. Maybe you'll run into someone lonely.

What adorable advice!

Wear the hat! I have a feeling it will work. [Smile]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome!
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Have i an accent when i write ? [Big Grin]
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

You sure do, and we love it!
Choobak
Member # 7083

So you can have a look at my picture here
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Choobak...you're too funny! [Smile]
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Shani gets her own poem!
Choobak
Member # 7083

héhé [Wink]

With my head, what kind of hat must i wear ?

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Floppy hats!

From most of your pictures, you seem like a pretty big guy, so I'm expecting it's hard to find good hats your size (that aren't custom-made). I also have too big of a head for my own good (shut it, ElJay), and I find floppy hats are the best answer.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Hmm. How about a nice fedora? Or the classic beret?
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Eni,
A floppy hat? Like John Lennon?

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Not exactly what I was thinking of, but that IS a nice looking hat.

--Enigmatic

Choobak
Member # 7083

Nice fedora... Why not. I'll prefer the berret but not as big as your exemple. Maybe a casquette like this

Now, go to sleep... I need it

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Choobak, your topics are the only ones I always make a special point to read. They inevitably make me smile, even if they're sad and mournful and gloomy.

And I like the hat.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Merci Carrie ! [Wink]
I 'll begin to believe i have my group of fans, here. [Big Grin]

Waw, I am waking up after the good night i passed yesterday. My voice is cavernous because of the tabacco atmospher of the caveau and my neck is stressed after all the moves for following the beat.

Choobak
Member # 7083

And now, it's time to sleep. I have just one or two points on my moral and my affraid is that's more and more frequent those times.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.