FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Tomorrow I Drive...until Friday!

Author Topic: Tomorrow I Drive...until Friday!
Chungwa
Member # 6421

- posted      Profile for Chungwa   Email Chungwa         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, sort of.

I have to get to central Illinois by Friday, it's going to be about an 1800-1900 mile trip. Just me, my '94 Sundance and some music.

I'll be leaving tomorrow at around 1 pm (after I get my windshield replaced - darn rocks!). I'll be taking Monday and Tuesday really easy, visiting some family in the area, only driving about two hours each day. Then I'll have a couple long days.

If everything works out I'll make it to Madison sometime Thursday evening and then just a few hours on Friday to Springfield.

I hope I don't get car trouble! [Eek!]

Edit: Apparently I was claiming to own a 94 foot car.

[ August 14, 2005, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Chungwa ]

Posts: 367 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Safe journey.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband just drove a 16 foot truck pulling a car trailer from Dallas to LA (approximately.) A little more than 1500 miles, and he didn't have a tape or cd player. Oh, and he had two cats loose in the cab.

So just think, it could be worse!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chungwa
Member # 6421

- posted      Profile for Chungwa   Email Chungwa         Edit/Delete Post 
It could be worse. Though, unlike your husband, I'm not driving to the woman of my dreams [Big Grin] .

Actually, I'm looking forward to the trip. So long as I get across the border without trouble (the border guards always think its weird that I claim to be a US citizen from Canada).

Posts: 367 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck and safe drive! I hope the expanses of whichever Dakota you traverse don't bore you to death.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.