FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Wouldn't it be cool

Author Topic: Wouldn't it be cool
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I haven't been here for a while.

But there are people who, many of them may not even know it, mean something to me. And because I've been so much into my own stuff here, I've missed out a lot on theirs. I've missed out on congratulating, giving encouragement, and moral support. And I'm sure I've missed out on a few good discussions.

But what if we could have some kind of like, you know, alert, when something important happened. Like, something on the cell phone. Or maybe a short summary of what happened that day on the forum while you were away.

A thing like a digest doesn't work very well, because the person assembling it has their own biases. What you want is something summarizes based on your own biases. For instance, you can flag people and subjects that are of interest to you. Even if you have to be away for quite a while, you can still feel like you are up to date.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
We need an Jatraquero RSS feed.
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Hear hear!
[Smile]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that would be cool!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
There's been a spate of pregnancies while you were gone. I bet your advice and encouragement was needed.

So, yeah. Let's come up with something like that. It'd be great.

I'd like to have a bot that could read Hatrack to me while I'm recouperating. Nah, my husband would go crazy.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Amka! [Wave] How's the baby doing?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.