FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » College Students ready for Fall

Author Topic: College Students ready for Fall
Hmm216
Member # 8403

- posted      Profile for Hmm216   Email Hmm216         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately Summer is over and Fall semester at UCF starts the 23rd (Not that I really had a break).

When do other campuses start their fall semester this year??

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
UTD starts on Thursday, the 18th. I'm heading back tomorrow. Boring 4 hour drive, here I come.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Cornell starts next Thursday, the 25th.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
August 29th at Utah State U.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RyanINPnet
Member # 8363

- posted      Profile for RyanINPnet   Email RyanINPnet         Edit/Delete Post 
BYU starts on the 29th.
Posts: 61 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
August 29th at UNT.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes.

Classes start Sept. 12.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm involved with planning orientation for the first year grad students in my program but somehow I only just realized that classes start on August 31 instead of the 29th.

Although I've already received an email from a professor (who won't be around for the first class session). First assignment's due Sept. 13.

<--- So not ready for class.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I bought some of my books today. Ahh!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know when Oakland University starts, I think it's on the 31st of August.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, Oakland University. I remember taking classes there. [Smile]
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia and I will start on the 21st.

She has to deal with new-student orientation first, though.

*small snicker*

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
I start fall semester on the 22nd at Kennesaw State U in lovely Kennesaw, GA. I've been in school forever, so it's nothing new for me.

Best wishes to tose of you just starting out. Get ready for the best ride of your life!

Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hmm216
Member # 8403

Freshmen year was so exciting! Leaving home and meeting all new friends, that was definately the best year of college yet!
Posts: 218 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

I loved coming back after ten years. Suddenly all that studying had a reason and real meaning. The best part about college period is meeting new people and making new connections.
Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe that's why I don't like college. I'm not a people person. My freshman year last year was very boring, and this year (which is my junior year, odd that) doesn't look to be much different.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hmm216
Member # 8403

I totally agree Jess...my first roommate in the dorms is now my best friend. She is still my roomate, now we actually live in a apartment instead of a brick room!
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Ophelia - Really? Sure it's the same OU? In Michigan? I keep forgetting who lives or lived in the area.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TimeTim
Member # 2768

- posted      Profile for TimeTim   Email TimeTim         Edit/Delete Post 
Guilford starts August 20th. I'm leaving friday from philly. I just hope I don't get stuck in traffic around D.C. like last year. Four hours of my life sucked into the Drain of Doom.
Posts: 218 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
She is still my roomate, now we actually live in a apartment instead of a brick room!
Those sure are some of the ugliest dorm buildings ever over at UCF! [Smile]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

(To be honest, though, the whole campus is kind of ugly. The new Ed building reminds me of the "video" they sometimes show for Elvis's "Jailhouse Rock." I so want to sing that every time I'm there!)

EDIT to add pic

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
Utah State University on the 29th, as has been stated. That gives me less than two weeks to find a job in Logan.

?

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
UA(rizona) starts the 22nd.

UW(isconsin) starts... hmm... right around Labor Day, I think. *looks it up*

Wow. They start Friday, 2 Sept. A one-day class week, then a three-day weekend. Lucky them.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Tomorrow, the 18th. UAB (Univ of Alabama at Birmingham)

I have an 8:00am class. Ugh.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Lyr, I have been to that campus in the past, and one of my parents friends teaches drafting there, I think, or at least he used to teach it there.

His name is Tom Sawaski...

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
Macalester College starts courses September 7th.

I don't even check into the dorms until the 3rd so after everyone else leaves it's going to be a very lonely two weeks [Frown] . The upside is that I still have time to read Don Quijote and to make one last run around town to get my things in order [Smile] .

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jhai:
Raia and I will start on the 21st.

She has to deal with new-student orientation first, though.

*small snicker*

[Razz]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Friends University starts August 25th
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Purdue starts the 22nd.

I'm just a little confused, how do you start on a weekend?

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Indiana University (Bloomington) starts on the 29th.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
OOh Pixie! I had almost forgotten!

I'll be visiting Mac in October!

October 21st and 22nd, for the sampler weekend. I'm sitting in on a class, taking a tour, spending the night and doing an interview.

[Smile]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I have a friend at each Purdue and Indiana U.

Both are back there for marching band already.

kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Michigan State starts on the 29th.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

quote:
I start fall semester on the 22nd at Kennesaw State U in lovely Kennesaw, GA. I've been in school forever, so it's nothing new for me.
Ben is starting at Kennesaw this semester (he has also been in school for quite a while, although maybe not as long as you . . .). We live, like, a mile or two from campus. Quoth Ben, "We should be friends."

quote:
Ophelia - Really? Sure it's the same OU? In Michigan? I keep forgetting who lives or lived in the area.
Yep, I lived in Rochester for the first 17 years of my life (although I now, as you can see above, live in Georgia), and I took classes at OU while I was in high school. I also swam for the Oakland Live Y'ers for something like 9 years, and had swim practices and meets at the OU natatorium. My parents still live in Rochester. [Smile]
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
TWU Starts on the 29th and I still haven't registered!
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
After labor day for me.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

quote:
Ben is starting at Kennesaw this semester (he has also been in school for quite a while, although maybe not as long as you . . .). We live, like, a mile or two from campus. Quoth Ben, "We should be friends."
I had no idea you all were so close. I actually live off-campus in Powder Springs (about 25 minutes from campus). What is Ben studying at KSU? I'm working on a Master's of Professional Writing. I also have an undergrad in English from KSU. It's a small world!

And, YES, we should be friends.

Hmm216
Member # 8403

Icarus,

You go to UCF?

Ophelia
Member # 653

quote:
What is Ben studying at KSU?
He is finishing his undergraduate degree in sociology.
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
Icarus,

You go to UCF?

No, but I live nearby and have taken courses there for my certification.
Jess N
Member # 6744

Cool! I have heard that KSU has a good sociology program (can't really say first hand). It's also just a great campus. Altogether I've attended KSU eight years (though not consecutively). I can remember when it was a small, relatively unheard of commuter college. I can also remember a time when Dr. Betty (aka Tootsie) swore we would never have on-campus housing. Funny how time and population can change everything.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.