FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Looking for "Pure T", which is, I believe, in San Fransisco.

Author Topic: Looking for "Pure T", which is, I believe, in San Fransisco.
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
In one of those nifty little documentaries on channel ten about the important things in life, hot dogs, ice cream and the like, an ice cream parlour by the name of Pure T was mentioned.
Apparently they serve tea flavored ice creams somewhere in San Fransisco.
Now, I have a friend who is a big tea fanatic and thought that getting some of that for her birthday would be rather nice.
But there are a few kinks in my plan.
First off, I don't know if it still exists. The show was at least ten years old and the only webpage I can find for the place is about the same age.
The other problem is that I live in Wisconsin and don't know, if they even exist, if they would ship here.

So, if you've ever heard of the place, or even know of something similar, could you help me out?
Thanks!

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's an adaptable recipe if you want to make some yourself.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Where are you in Wisconsin? [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You can get some excellent green tea ice cream at Lee's Oriental in Madison, off of University Ave.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Near Milwaukee, Mr. Davidson.
Does Lee's ship?

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

I don't think so. But I'm pretty sure that any decent Oriental market will have at least green and black tea ice creams, and probably a melon flavor as well.
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Find one that carries Japanese food and look for mochi. . . it's little balls of ice cream wrapped in rice pastry, and comes in green tea flavors, as well as red bean, mango, and more traditional flavors. It's ice cream finger food, and it's delicious. [Smile]

Added: Okay, mochi is the pounded rice part, I always wondered about that 'cause I've seen other things labeled that way. But this is the brand of ice cream I'm talking about. . . I've seen it in many Oriental markets, and it's really good. I should go buy some, haven't had any in awhile. . .

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Custom ice cream (a bit pricey)
Powder

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.